|30 Seconds to Mars|
|Also known as||30STM|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Genre(s)|| Alternative rock |
| Associated |
|Angels & Airwaves, Great Northern|
| Jared Leto|
| Matt Wachter |
30 Seconds to Mars began as a project between Jared Leto and his brother Shannon in 1998. According to an interview the bands name comes from a thesis that was written by a former Harvard professor. And one of the subsections of the thesis was titled 'thirty seconds to mars' and he goes on to talk about the expediential growth of technology that relates to humans and saying that we are quite literally thirty seconds to mars.
30 Seconds to Mars' debut self-titled album was released in 2002 and achieved sales of just over 100,000. Their sophomore album, A Beautiful Lie, was released on August 30, 2005. For this effort, the band traveled (during the course of three years) to four continents, to perfect their sound.
On August 8, 2007, 30 Seconds to Mars was announced as being nominated for Best International Newcomer and Best Single (The Kill) in the Kerrang! Awards 2007. They won the award for best single, but lost out to Madina Lake on the other award. On November 1, 2007, the band won the MTV Europe Music Award for "Rock Out", one of the two categories they were nominated in.
30 Seconds to Mars beat korn, amassing over 7 million votes, to win Fuse's Best of 2007 Award on December 21, 2007. On March 22, 2008, the band was voted the second greatest band in Kerrang!'s 100 Best Rock Bands Ever.
On August 2, 2008, 30 Seconds to Mars won the Best Video Stars awards for "A Beautiful Lie" music video. On August 21 2008, 30 Seconds To Mars won two of the four Kerrang awards that they were nominated for. They won "Best International Band" and "Best Single - From Yesterday"
- Jared Leto - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Tomo Miličević – lead guitar, violin, keyboard/synth (2003-present)
- Shannon Leto – drums, percussion
- Matt Wachter – bass guitar, keyboard/synth (2001–2007)
- Solon Bixler – guitar (2001–2003)
- "Capricorn (A Brand New Name)"
- "Edge of the Earth"
- "From Yesterday"
- "The Kill"
- "A Beautiful Lie (song)"
- To the Edge of the Earth (2008)
- "Capricorn (A Brand New Name)" (2002, directed by Paul Fedor) from 30 Seconds to Mars
- "Edge of the Earth" (2002, directed by Kevin McCullough) from 30 Seconds to Mars
- "Attack" (2005, directed by Paul Fedor) from A Beautiful Lie
- "The Kill" (2006, directed by Jared Leto under the alias of Bartholomew Cubbins) from A Beautiful Lie
- "From Yesterday" (2006, directed by Jared Leto as Bartholomew Cubbins) from A Beautiful Lie
- "A Beautiful Lie" (2008, directed by Jared Leto as Angakok Panipaq) from A Beautiful Lie
- 30 Seconds to Mars' official website
- "A Beautiful Lie" Official Page
- 30 Seconds to Mars at MySpace
- 30 Seconds to Mars' official PureVolume page
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found