Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In 1999, he released his first album, Sell Your Dope; he later relocated to Hattiesburg, Mississippi, where he met drummer Jody Stallone and keyboardist/bassist Daryl Havard. He released his second album Because I Got High in 2000; it initially was distributed primarily through concerts and the file-sharing service Napster before its title track was played on The Howard Stern Show. Afroman based the song's lyrical content on his inability to clean his room; the lyrics outline that drug use affected his ability to do basic everyday life tasks. In late 2001, the song became a worldwide hit and was featured in the films Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, The Perfect Score, and Disturbia later in the 2000s. Additionally, the song is still in the Top 10 on Billboard's "Hot Ringtones" category, having been on the charts for over 190 weeks. Because of the single's success, Afroman joined the lineup of Cypress Hill's fall festival Smoke Out with Deftones, Method Man, and others. Universal Records signed Afroman to a six-album deal; Universal released The Good Times in 2001, a compilation of Afroman's first two albums and some new tracks. "Because I Got High" was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance in 2002.
- 1998: My Fro-losophy
- 2000: Because I Got High
- 2000: Sell Your Dope
- 2002 The Good Times
- 2004: Afroholic... The Even Better Times
- 2004: Jobe Bells
- 2004: 4R0:20
- 2004: The Hungry Hustlerz: Starvation Is Motivation
- 2006: Drunk 'n' High
- 2006: A Colt 45 Christmas
- 2008: Waiting to Inhale
- 2008: Frobama
- 2001: The Good Times
- 2008: Greatest Hitz Live
Similar Artists Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Nimmervoll, Ed (2008). Afroman > Biography. allmusic. Retrieved on March 27, 2009.
- ↑ Billboard.com. Retrieved on January 4, 2009.
- ↑ Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric (2001-09-28). "Cypress Hill's Oakland Smoke Out Bumped By A's". MTV News. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1449406/20010928/cypress_hill.jhtml. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- ↑ Evans, Rob (2002-01-04). "Grammy nominees led by U2, India.Arie, Alicia Keys". LiveDaily. http://www.livedaily.com/news/4169.html. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- ↑ "For The Record: Quick News On Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Snoop, Good Charlotte, Afroman, Chingy & More". MTV News. 2004-10-28. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1493225/20041028/simpson_jessica.jhtml. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- The official Afroman Website
- Higher and Higher: College Crier's Jess Hopsicker Interviews Afroman
- Allmusic entry
- Hungry Hustler Records
- Official Myspace Page