Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arctic Monkeys are an English indie rock band. Formed in 2002 in High Green, a suburb of Sheffield, the band currently consists of Alex Turner (lead vocals, lead/rhythm guitar), Jamie Cook (rhythm/lead guitar), Nick O'Malley (bass guitar, backing vocals) and Matt Helders (drums, backing vocals). Former members include Andy Nicholson (bass guitar, backing vocals) and Glyn Jones (lead vocals, rhythm guitar).
The band have released four studio albums: Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (2006), Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007), Humbug (2009) and Suck It and See (2011), as well as one live album At the Apollo (2008). Their debut album became the fastest-selling debut album in British music history, surpassing Oasis' Definitely Maybe and remains the fastest-selling debut album for a band in the UK.
Arctic Monkeys are heralded as one of the first acts to come to the public attention via the Internet (fan-based sites rather than from the band), with commentators suggesting they represented the possibility of a change in the way in which new bands are promoted and marketed. They are also regarded as one of the most prominent bands to be part of the post-punk revival in the UK, after achieving commercial success and spawning two number one singles with their debut album.
- [[Kaiser Chief*[[Art Bru*Kasabian
- [[The Kook==Band Members==
- [[Alex Turne*Jamie Cook
- Andy Nicholson
- [[Matt Helder*[[Nick O'Malle==Includes Members of==
- [[Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not:Arctic Monkeys|Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm No
- [[Five Minutes With Arctic Monkeys:Arctic Monkeys|Five Minutes With Arctic Monkey*[[Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys:Arctic Monkeys|Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkey===Singles===
- [[A-Side:Artist|A-Side ]] / [[B-side 1:Artist|B-side 1]] / [[B-side 2:Artist|B-side 2]]
- [[Compilation Title:Label|Compilation Titl[[Category:Artists]]]
- [[Soundtrack Title:Soundtrack|Soundtrack TItl[[Category:Artists]]]
- [[Mix CD Titl[[Category:Artists]]]
- [[Radio Show Titl[[Category:Artists]]]
(links to websites, label biographies, fansites, books, periodicals or any additional information on the artist)
- ↑ Susan Boyle beats Leona Lewis, Arctic Monkeys to 'biggest first week sales for UK debut album' title. NME (29 November 2009). Retrieved on November 30, 2009.
- ↑ Barton, Laura (25 October 2005). "The question: Have the Arctic Monkeys changed the music business?". London: The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2005/oct/25/popandrock.arcticmonkeys. Retrieved 5 June 2006.