| Name = Black Stone Cherry
| Img = Blackstonecherry.jpg
| Img_capt =
| Img_size = 200px
| Alias = BSC
| Origin = Edmonton, Kentucky, USA
| Genre = Hard Rock
Southern rock | Years_active = 2001 - present | Label = [[Roadrunne | Associated_acts = | Influences = | URL = http://www.blackstonecherry.com/ | Current_members = Chris Robertson
[[John Fred Youn | Past_members = }}
Black Stone Cherry is a southern rock/ hard rock band from Edmonton, Kentucky, USA. They are currently signed to [[Roadrunner|Roadrunner record. Black Stone Cherry are clearly a band that redefines southern rock for the modern era.
Black Stone Cherry hails from Edmonton, a small town in south-central Kentucky, where there was a lot of music around. All of the members have a musical history in their families. John Fred's father is a founding member of the Kentucky Headhunters and Jon's great uncle was a jazz drummer. Chris’s grandfather was a guitar maker and gave Chris his first guitar.
Surrounded by music, Black Stone Cherry was able to develop far away from the mainstream. John Fred once explained, "When you're from an area where you don't have the competition to be playing the same kind of music, you create your own style of music." Chris and John Fred started to play music together early in their teens and Jon and Ben soon followed. Black Stone Cherry officially formed on June 4, 2001. They then took over the practice house that had been used by the Kentucky Headhunters since 1968.
Black Stone Cherry's self titled album was released on July 18, 2006. In July 2007, they released their second EP, containing the song "Rain Wizard" along with two previously unreleased tracks. Their second album, Folklore and Superstition was announced on May 30, 2008 and was released on August 19, 2008 with the first single off the album called "Blind Man".
Their musical style can be associated with that of Zeppelin and Lynyrd Skynyrd . However Black Stone Cherry manages to create its own sound, with heaviness likened to [[AC/D, along with guitars that rage and bluesy riffs.
- Chris Robertson - vocals/guitar
- Ben Wells - guitar/vocals
- Jon Lawhon - bass/vocals
- John Fred Young - drums
- "Lonely Train" (2006)
- "[[Hell & High Wate" (2006)
- "Rain Wizard" (2007)
- "[[Big City Light" (2007)
- "Blind Man" (2008)
- "Lonely Train" features in the WWE video game WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007.
- "Shooting Star" was used in a video showing the premiere footage of the movie The Condemned. "Backwoods Gold" was also used in another video talking about the movie.
- [[Wikipedia:Black Stone Cherry|Black Stone Cherry on Wikipedi
- [http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/BlackStoneCherry/ Black Stone Cherry at Roadrunner Record
- [http://www.myspace.com/blackstonecherry Black Stone Cherry at MySpac[[Category:Artis[[Category:2001 artist[[Category:Hard rock group[[Category:Roadrunner Records artist[[Category:Southern rock groupTemplate:Persondata