A cynical comment on the cult of the DJ, the track is noted for Adrian Belew's guitar solo, which was recorded in multiple takes, and then mixed back together for the album track. The single was an edited version, but was still possibly too uncommercial for substantial chart success – it peaked at No. 29 in the UK, and was not released in other markets. The single was issued on green vinyl in the UK and is now a very desirable collector's item.
The song was performed live for the first time on Bowie's Outside Tour in 1995.
- "DJ" (Bowie, Eno, Alomar) – 3:59
- "Repetition" (Bowie) – 2:59
- It appeared on the following compilations:
- It was released as a picture disc in the RCA Life Time picture disc set.
- Danny Michel - Loving the Alien: Danny Michel Sings the Songs of David Bowie (2004)