Dean Hurley is an American music producer, audio engineer, mixer, and film supervising sound editor living in Los Angeles, CA. Since 2005, he has operated filmmaker David Lynch's Asymmetrical Studio; a recording studio and film dubbing facility located in the Hollywood Hills.
Hurley became known primarily for his work with film director David Lynch. He has collaborated extensively with Lynch on the sound design and music for his films and commercial work as well as his albums. Hurley's style of music production can be characterized by his lo-fi/hi-fi hybrid approach to recording and mixing and is largely influenced by experimentation. Other musical artists he has worked with include: Lykke Li, Moby, Karen O, Dangermouse, Sparklehorse, and Dirty Beaches. In 2014, Hurley worked with Zola Jesus, producing her fifth studio album Taiga.
- ↑ Dean Hurley IMDB.com
- ↑ "David Lynch's first solo album is on Crazy Clown Time" Rolling Stone. Accessed on September 5, 2014
- ↑ "Dreaming the Big Dream: A Conversation with David Lynch" Spin. Accessed on September 5, 2014
- ↑ The Air is on Fire album review Pitchfork. Accessed on September 5, 2014
- ↑ "David Lynch doesn't need you to like his album Crazy Clown Time" The Atlantic. Accessed on September 5, 2014
- ↑ Dean Hurley discogs.com
- ↑ Update: Zola Jesus Pitchfork. Accessed on September 5, 2014
- Official site
- The Making of David Lynch's The Big Dream
- Dean Hurley Arte Radio interview
- David Lynch & Dean Hurley KCRW Interview, Jul 2013