Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I always try to submit my Mix CDs to the Gracenote CDDB, so when someone puts their copy into their favorite CD ripping/listening software, with luck, the tracks will come up, saving them the trouble of having to type in all the track titles and artists and whatnot. This tends to be one of those things where people seem pretty impressed by this, but it's really easy to do! I tend to make all of my mixes in iTunes, so this is a step-by-step guide for iTunes (works both for the PC and Mac versions):
- First, burn your CD like normal.
- Then, once it's burned, click on it in the side panel where you have all your folders and stuff
- Check to make sure the tracklist is correct, and make any changes to the track names/artist stuff that you might need to (though you probably shouldn't have to change anything)
- Once your tracklisting looks good, go up to the "Advanced" menu, and choose "submit CD Track names". A box should pop-up that says "CD Info", and it'll have fields for:
- Disc Number (blank) of (blank)
- Compilation CD (Checkbox).
- If you're doing a mix CD of various artists, fill out the box:
- Artist: Various
- Composer: (Leave Blank)
- Album: Name-Of-Compilation (like "Wally's Novelty Mix: She Yo-Yos Me and I Yo-Yo Her Back" or whatever you want to call it)
- Disc Number 1 of 1 (or, if you're making a two CD set, say, 1 of 2 or whichever)
- Genre: Rock (The genre box is kind of picky, so I typically just choose "Rock" and call it good)
- Year: 2005
- Compilation CD: Checked
- If you're doing a Single artist compilation:
- Artist: Whoever it is (like, say, They Might Be Giants
- Composer: (Leave Blank, or if all the songs are written by one person, feel free to fill that in)
- Album: What you want to call it
- Disc Number 1 of 1
- Genre: Rock
- Year: 2005
- Compilation CD: Unchecked (that's only for if it's a various artists compilation)
- After filling the box out, hit "OK". After a few seconds, it should give you a little box saying something like "Your information has been successfully submitted to the Gracenote CDDB." Then you're done! It might take a couple hours for it to actually get registered in there, but you don't need to do anything after that.
That's it for the iTunes step-by-step guide! Feel free to add to this page if you know other methods for other software. - Rev. Syung Myung Me