Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Grand Morbid Funeral|
|Studio album by Bloodbath|
|Released||November 17, 2014|
|Recorded|| Ghost Ward Studio|
City of Glass Studio
March to September 2014
Grand Morbid Funeral was recorded in 2014 at Ghost Ward and City of Glass in Stockholm, Sweden and self-produced by the band. It was released on 17 November 2014 by Peaceville Records. This is the first Bloodbath album to feature vocalist Nick Holmes from UK metal band Paradise Lost after Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth left, having lost interest in performing death metal. Anders ‘Blakkheim’ Nystrom of the band states that the album is “destructive, raw, heavy, organic and sludgy death metal.”
Blabbermouth describe the "unapologetic fury" of Grand Morbid Funeral and state that the album "brings the same old-school, brutalized death metal Bloodbath has been hailed for". MetalSucks comment that new singer "Holmes’ voice is just the worm-gut-strewn axe-to-the-skull this music needs" and state that "if you’ve spent most of 2014 waiting around to get leveled by a death metal record with a little legacy heft, you might want to get out there and snatch up the new Bloodbath". The review in Exclaim! state that "Bloodbath have upped the brutality ante with Grand Morbid Funeral" and claim that Holmes has "surpassed expectations with powerful and sinister throat-gurgling delivery".
Track listingEditAll songs written and composed by Bloodbath.
|1.||"Let the Stillborn Come to Me"||4:37|
|2.||"Total Death Exhumed"||3:51|
|4.||"Church of Vastitas"||3:37|
|5.||"Famine of God's Word"||4:56|
|8.||"His Infernal Necropsy"||3:35|
|9.||"Unite in Pain"||3:52|
|11.||"Grand Morbid Funeral"||5:35|
Names given as credited in album credits (real names in brackets)
- Old Nick (Nick Holmes) - vocals
- Blakkheim (Anders Nyström) - lead guitars, backing vocals
- Sodomizer (Per Eriksson) - guitars
- Lord Seth (Jonas Renkse) - bass
- Axe (Martin Axenrot) - drums
- Guest musicians
- Chris Reifert - guest vocals on "Grand Morbid Funeral"
- Eric Cutler - guitar solos on "Total Death Exhumed, "Mental Abortion and "Unite in Pain"
- Jason William Walton - guest solo on "My Torturer"
- Matt Vickerstaff - Layout
- Thomas Eberger - Mastering
- Ester Segarra - Photography
- Néstor Ávalos - Artwork
- David Castillo - Mixing
- ↑ Horn, Ray (2014-11-17). "Grand Morbid Funeral". Blabbermouth (Blabbermouth.net). http://www.blabbermouth.net/cdreviews/grand-morbid-funeral/.
- ↑ Hartmann, Graham (12 April 2012). Opeth Frontman Mikael Akerfeldt No Longer a Member of Bloodbath. Loudwire.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Munro, Scott (11 September 2014). BLOODBATH RETURN WITH GRAND MORBID FUNERAL. Metal Hammer.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Horn, Jr, Ray Van. [http://www.blabbermouth.net/cdreviews/grand-morbid-funeral BLOODBATH "Grand Morbid Funeral"]. Blabbermouth.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Excretanko (6 November 2014). Bloodbath’s Grand Morbid Funeral: Brand New Singer, Same Killer Ride. MetalSucks.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Falzon, Denise (14 November 2014). [http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/bloodbath-grand_morbid_funeral Bloodbath Grand Morbid Funeral]. Exclaim!.
| Nick Holmes • Anders Nyström • Jonas Renkse • Martin Axenrot • Per Eriksson|
|Albums: Resurrection Through Carnage • Nightmares Made Flesh • The Fathomless Mastery • Grand Morbid Funeral|
|EPs: Breeding Death • Unblessing the Purity|
|Live The Wacken Carnage • Bloodbath over Bloodstock|