Groove Coverage is a German dance band, which consists of Axel Konrad, DJ Novus, Melanie Munch, better known as Mell (lead singer), and Verena Rehm (former stage performer, backing singer, occasional lead singer). Producers of the band are Ole Wierk and Lou Bega, who, however contributed only to a few songs lyrically. The project was founded in the Summer of 2001 by DJ Novus, in co-operation with Suprime Music (Konrad). With eleven singles in the German Top 50 and over five million albums sold worldwide, Groove Coverage are one of the most successful German dance artists.
Groove Coverage released a few dance singles, most notably "Are U Ready" and "Hit Me" before going on to release the breakthrough single Moonlight Shadow (a cover of the famous Mike Oldfield track) which became a massive hit in Germany, peaking at #3 in the German media control charts. At the end of 2002, the band released their debut album Covergirl, followed by the top ten single "God is a Girl".
7 Years And 50 Days (2003-04) and international breakthroughEdit
With a top ten debut album under their belt, and two smash hit singles, Groove Coverage began work on their second album. The first single, ironically titled The End was released in April 2003, peaking at #13 in the German Media Control Charts, proving to be another top hit for the band. In late 2003, the band went on to release the next top 10 hit single, a cover of Alice Cooper's hit "Poison", before going on to release the second studio album 7 Years and 50 Days in March 2004, which spawned out five top 20 singles in Germany..
In 2005, 7 Years and 50 Days reached platinum sales in Asia, as well as being hugely successful in Indonesia. In the UK and Ireland, the band's single "Poison" became a top 40 hit, peaking at #32 in the Official UK Singles Chart which helped the band reach to new territories such as Spain, and China, where, in 2007, their single "God is a Girl" became the most successful song of the year, having been downloaded more that 1.5 million times.
21st Century and Greatest Hits (2005-2007)Edit
In August 2005, the band released their next single "Holy Virgin", which became a top 30 hit in Germany, and top 15 hit in Austria peaking at #12. The following Summer, the band released their third studio album 21st Century proceeded by the more pop-sounding singles On The Radio and 21st Century Digital Girl.
With only moderate success with their third album, Groove Coverage went on to release their first Greatest Hits compilation in Germany, proceeded by the single "Because I Love You". Again the band only experienced moderate success, so were dropped by their label Universal Music Germany.
Riot on the Dancefloor (2010-12)Edit
In 2010, Groove Coverage celebrated their new music contract with Sony Music / Columbia. For this, the band released the new single "Innocent" which was a cover of the famous Mike Oldfield track. The comeback proved a success, with the single being the highest new entry in the German Media Control Charts peaking at #38. In 2011, the next single "Angeline" was released and it became an instant hit peaking at #22 in the German Media Control Charts, (and staying in the German top 50 for over 16 weeks) as well as peaking at #1 in the DJ Top 100 International charts,and the MusicLoad digital charts. Groove Coverage toured for most of 2011, as well as completing work on the next album. In January 2012, it was announced that the new album will be titled "Riot On The Dancefloor" and will be released in Germany on March 30th 2012. The lead single will be titled "Think About The Way" and will be released on March 16th.
- Best Of (CD + DVD) (2005)
- Best Of Groove Coverage: The Ultimate Collection (3 CD) (2005) (Hong Kong)
- Greatest Hits (2006) (U.S.)
- Greatest Hits (2 CD) (2007)
- Poison (The Best Of Groove Coverage) (Rare Japan CD)
- The Definitive Greatest Hits & Videos (Singapore) (2008)
- 1999 Hit Me
- 2000 Are you Ready
- 2002 Moonlight Shadow
- 2002 God Is a Girl
- 2003 Poison
- 2003 The End
- 2004 7 Years and 50 Days
- 2004 Runaway
- 2004 She
- 2005 Holy Virgin
- 2006 On the Radio
- 2006 21st Century Digital Girl
- 2007 Because I Love You
- 2010 Innocent
- 2011 Angeline
- 2012 Think About the Way'
- Chupa - "Arriba" (2001)
- DJ Valium - "Bring the Beat Back" (2002)
- X-Perience - "It's a Sin" (2002)
- Special D - "Come with Me" (2002)
- Silicon Bros - "Million Miles from Home" (2002)
- Seven - "Spaceman Came Traveling" (2003)
- DJ Cosmo - "Lovesong" (2003)
- Sylver - "Livin' My Life" (2003)
- Alice Cooper - "Poison" (2003)
- Mandaryna - "Here I Go Again" (2004)
- Sylver - "Love Is an Angel" (2004)
- Baracuda - "Ass Up!" (2005)
- Melanie Flash - "Halfway to Heaven" (2006)
- N-Euro - "Lover on the Line" (2006)
- Max Deejay vs. DJ Miko - "What's Up" (2006)
- Baracuda - "La Di Da" (2007)
- DJ Goldfinger - "Love Journey Deluxe" (2008)
- Arnie B - "Another Story" (2008)
- Arsenium - "Rumadai" (2008)
- Master Blaster - "Everywhere" (2008)
- N.I.N.A - "No More Tears" (2008)
- Ayumi Hamasaki - "Vogue" (2011)
- Kim Wilde - "It's alright" (2011)
- Within Temptation - "Sinéad" (2011)
- DJane Housekat feat. Rameez - "My Party" (2012)
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found