Founded: Late 1970s
Headquarters: Ann Arbor
Includes Members ofEdit
Jad Fair and David Fair formed a band with their friends in the 1970s—they didn't know how to play their instruments in the classical sense, but they were encouraged by the new Punk movement and bands like The Stooges and The Ramones as well as The Velvet Underground to try anyway. They soon signed to Armageddon with an unprecedented 3xLP deal for their first album. In 1986, David Fair left, but Jad Fair has continued, releasing records as Half Japanese as well as under his own name.
- Half Gentlemen/Not Beasts
- 50 Skidillion Watts Live
- Our Solar System
- Sing No Evil
- Music To Strip By
- Charmed Life
- The Band That Would Be King
- We Are They Who Ache with Amorous Love
- Fire In The Sky
- Boo: Live in Europe
- Greatest Hits
- Bone Head
- Heaven Sent
- Spy/I know how it Feels...Bad/My Knowledge Was Wrong
- Stripping For Cash/U.S. Teens Are Spoiled Bums/Patti Smith/Patti Hearst
- Real Cool Time/What Can I Do/Monopoly
- Everybody Knows
- 4 Four Kids
- Eye of the Hurricane/Said and Done/U.S. Teens Are Spoiled Bums/Daytona Beach
- Thirteen Ugly Children Roll Gutterballs
- Jeff Bridges... I Don't Need No Jeff Bridges To Put Music To My Poem!
- Hobotic Mixed CDs Volumes 1-5
- And A Bumper Sticker That Says "No Other Possibility"
- You're Giving Me Brain Damage!