Personal life and careerEdit
She was born in Nuremberg, Germany, her father was a rocket scientist. Meyer taught voice at Mary Washington College for many years; in 1977 she was a featured singer at the Salzburg Festival. She would sing in European Opera tours, and was a frequent performer at Staatstheater Nürnberg, where her daughter Sandra, who spent a large part of her time in Nuremberg until she was 12, first started performing in the children's choir. Meyer's vocals can be heard on the soundtrack of All About Steve, a film her daughter produced and starred in.
Her daughters are Academy Award winning actress Sandra Bullock and Celebrity chef Gesine Bullock-Prado, who has appeared on many talks shows with cooking demonstrations. Both of Bullock-Prado's books, My Life from Scratch and Confessions of a Closet Master Baker are dedicated in memory of Helga. There is also a special cake she has created and named 'Helga Cake', in her memory. 
Meyer died at age 58 of colon cancer in Arlington, Virginia. She was married to John W. Bullock, whom she met while Bullock was in the US Army in Germany. He was a soldier and music teacher, and is now CEO of Bullock's film production company, Fortis Films, which was founded in 1995 with Meyer. They produced Gun Shy, in which Helga is thanked in the end credits.
In her Academy Award speech, Bullock thanked her mother, referring to her as Helga B.
- ↑ Ancestry of Sandra Bullock
- ↑ http://luvuu.com/sandra-bullock-a-journey-through-her-life/ accessed 8/18/2014
- ↑ "Sandra Bullock", Überblick, Bunte, accessed 8/18/14 Template:De icon
- ↑ "Zu Tisch mit Peter und Sandra", Promiblog, Süddeutsche Zeitung, June 19, 2013 Template:De icon
- ↑ "Prominente Deutsche im Ausland: Von Oer-Erkenschwick nach Los Angeles: Sandra Bullock", Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, October 3, 2011 Template:De icon
- ↑ "The Perfect Decision", Hello, April 2003, repr. in Dinna Ferdianti, Intensive-Learning English for Grade XII of Language Programme Senior High School, PT Grafindo Media Pratama, p. 151
- ↑ "Helga Bullock: MWC teacher, opera singer, actor's mother",The Free Lance-Star, April 9, 2000, Sec. D4, p. 1A.
- ↑ Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz and Larry Kay, The Love That Dog Training Program, New York: Workman, 2010, ISBN 9780761160755, p. 254.
- ↑ http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20309116,00.html accessed 8/18/14
- ↑ http://www.texasmonthly.com/eat-my-words/gesine-bullock-prado-talks-pies-texas-pecans-and-famous-sister accessed 8/18/14
- ↑ http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/mar/19/gesine-bullock-prado-cakes-sandra-bullock accessed 8/18/14
- ↑ Sandra Bullock - Bullock and sister get their colons checked