Headquarters: Olympia, WA
Website Link(s): Official Site
Includes Members ofEdit
A Japanese-By-Way-Of-Olympia-WA, IQU have had quite a following since their first record, which got them into the first Coachella Festival and many other tours (opening for The Flaming Lips, Looper, Mouse on Mars, Add N to X, Dub Narcotic Sound System, Cornelius, Built To Spill, Fugazi, Modest Mouse and Sleater-Kinney. Their first record came out on the Olympia K Records label, although their second came out on Seattle's Sonic Boom Recordings (promoted by a local chain of record stores, where you could get a limited edition with fancy packaging). Their sound is Dance music, combining elements of other genres, including Hip Hop, Pop, Rock and Noise. One of the most interesting aspects is their use of the notoriously-difficult to play instrument, the theremin. One or two early releases initially came out credited to "icu" (explaining the pronounciation of "IQU" as "ee-koo"), though a hardcore band called "ICU" gave them a Cease & Desist over the name.
- Past The Barber and Gymnasium
- The Boys And Girls Are Lifting Up Their Plates
- Flashback: The Nostalgic Hits of 2005 (Aila's Dub Club Best of 2005 Mix)
- Digitally Remastered Toothpick
- Plastic Music Exchange 2006 - Rev. DOG.
- 50 Skidillion Watts Of Good Will Episode 1
- 50 Skidillion Watts Of Good Will Episode 3
- 50 Skidillion Watts Of Good Will Episode 4