Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jane Mallory Birkin (London, 14 december 1946) is an English actress and singer who since late 1960s lives in France . In Flanders Netherlands and she is best known for her duet with her then-husband Serge Gainsbourg, Je t'aime ... moi non plus from 1969.
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Filmography
- 4 discography
- 5 external links
- 6 References
In 1965 married Birkin with John Barry, the composer who wrote the music for the James Bondmovies. The two divorced in 1968. In 1966 they gained reasonable fame with her role as nude model in Antonioni's controversial film Blowup.
In 1968 France Birkin met during her stay in the French pop star Serge Gainsbourg. They married soon. In 1969 they recorded (a second version of) the erotic French-speaking song written by Gainsbourg Je t'aime ... moi non plus (the first version was recorded with Brigitte Bardot, but who found the recording too risky to cast). The single was controversial due to its explicit sexual nature (the lyrics of the song was supported by moans and pants) and some radio stations refused to run him. However, the song was a big hit in several European countries. This was followed by the album soon Jane Birkin Serge Gainsbourg-.
In the early 1970s, Birkin is on her film career, as a lesbian lover of Brigitte Bardot in Don Juan 73 Roger Vadim 's (1973). With Gainsbourg she took several albums, including Lolita Go Home (1975) and Ex-Fan des Sixties (1978). Its plates are very successful especially in France.
In 1987 she played in the movie Kung Fu Master by Agnès Varda, for which she also wrote the script. Her role of a forty year old woman who begins a relationship with a 15-year-old boy took care of some controversy. Varda expressed appreciation for the following year the long Birkin documentary by Jane b. par Agnès V to record.
Jane Birkin has three daughters. With John Barry received them in 1968 photographer Kate Barry, which was. Kate died on 11 december 2013 on 46-year-old age. With Gainsbourg, from whom she separated in 1980, she has the actress and singer Charlotte Gainsbourg, born in 1971. Her third daughter is actress, photo model and singer born in 1982 Lou Doillon, from her relationship with the French Director Jacques Doillon, with whom she lived together from the early 1980s until 1992.
- The French fashion house Hermès designed handbag Birkin in 1984 for her, after the president of Hermès, Jean-Louis Dumas, had seen her on a plane struggling with her purse.  the bag became one of the most popular models of the fashion house, despite the high price.
- Jane Birkin is an officer in the order of the British Empire for her services to acting.
- The Knack .. .and How to Get It (1965, not listed in the credits)
- Blowup (1966)
- Wonderwall (1968)
- Slogan (1969)
- La Piscine (1969)
- Les Chemins de Katmandou (1969)
- Trop jolies pour être honnêtes (1972)
- Don Juan ou Si Don Juan était une femme... (1973)
- Le Mouton enragé (1974)
- La Moutarde me monte au nez (1974)
- Comment réussir quand on est con et pleurnichard (1974)
- La Course à l'échalote (1975)
- Catherine et Cie (1975)
- Sept morts sur ordonnance (1975)
- Je t'aime moi non plus (1976)
- L'Animal (1977)
- Death on the Nile (1978)
- La Fille prodigue (1981)
- Evil Under the Sun (1982)
- L'Ami de Vincent (1983)
- Circulez y a rien à voir (1983)
- L'Amour par terre (1984)
- La Pirate (1984)
- Le Garde du corps (1984)
- Le Neveu de Beethoven (1985)
- Dust (1985)
- La femme de ma vie (1985)
- Comédie! (1987)
- Kung-Fu Master (1987)
- Soigne ta droite (1987)
- Jane b. par Agnès V. (1988)
- Daddy Nostalgia (1990)
- La Belle Noiseuse (1991)
- Les Cent et une nuits de Simon Cinéma (1995)
- On connaît la chanson (1997)
- A soldier's Daughter Never Cries (1998)
- The Last September (1999)
- Reines d'un jour (2001)
- Merci Docteur Rey (2002)
- Mariées mais pas trop (2003)
- Jane Birkin Serge Gainsbourg- (1969) (SG)
- (Cover photo and rate) Serge Gainsbourg: Histoire de Melody Nelson (1971) (SG)
- Di Doo Dah (1973)
- Lolita Go Home (1975) (SG)
- Ex-Fan des Sixties (1978) (SG)
- Baby Alone in Babylone (1983) (SG)
- Lost Song (1987) (SG)
- Jane Birkin au BATACLAN (1987) (live, SG)
- Amour des Feintes (1990) (SG)
- Intégral Casino de Paris (1992) (live)
- Version Jane (1996)
- Intégral Olympia (1996) (live)
- The Best Of (1998) (compilation)
- À la légère (1999)
- Arabesque (2002)
- Rendez-vous (2004)
- Fictions (2006)
(SG) = albums written by Serge Gainsbourg
|Single (s) with any charts in the
the Dutch Top 40
|Je t'aime ... moi non plus||24-05-1969||2||29||with Serge Gainsbourg / hit of the year 1969|
|La décadanse||26-02-1972||tip 4||-||with Serge Gainsbourg|
|Je t'aime ... moi non plus||02-02-1974||4||10||with Serge Gainsbourg/re-released|
|Number (s) with markings
in the Radio 2 Top 2000
|' 99||' 00||' 01||' 02||' 03||' 04||' 05||' 06||' 07||' 08||' 09||' 10||' 11||' 12||' 13|
|Je t'aime ... moi non plus (with Serge Gainsbourg)||933||1140||1441||1910||1822||1309||1641||1729||1723||1629||1733||-||1764||1511||1980|