Linda Harrison (or simply Harrison; born 1991) is a Scottish singer-songwriter, vocalist and pianist. She found success covering numerous songs on the video-sharing website YouTube, and has gone on to release her own music under the titles Harrison and Elle Exxe.
Harrison first came to prominence covering songs on YouTube. Harrison moved to study at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford when she was 17, where a teacher made her realise the significance of her YouTube success. Her song “Sunday Morning” had over 25,000 views. She discovered that the next Black-Eyed Peas single was going to be “Meet Me Halfway”, and covered it before it had been played on the radio, and got over 500,000 views.
= After graduating from Guildford in 2011, she travelled to Los Angeles. Then Harrison travelled to Austin's South By Southwest festival, where she met Ellie Goulding, Linda Perry and Perez Hilton. She had already met the likes of Katy Perry and Noel Gallagher at a party Perry gave that New Year.
Harrison released the single Be With You in 2012, in aid of the NSPCC's fight against child abuse in Britain. Harrison's partner, paralympian and broadcaster Ade Adepitan, chose it as his favourite choice when he featured on Desert Island Discs on 30 September 2012.
In May 2013, Harrison released her album "Tease", which included songs such as "Dirty Beat", "Supermodel" and "Overexposure".
- Overexposure (2012)
- Be With You (2012)
- "Lie To Me" (2015) as Elle Exxe
- "Synthesising" (2015) as Elle Exxe
- "Tease" (2013)
- ↑ Elle Exxe. Retrieved on February 19, 2015.
- ↑ Author: Sazrah (2012-09-10). Meet Harrison: Successful singer/song writer who cleverly self-manages her career! - Sazrah Productions. Sazrah.co.uk. Retrieved on August 3, 2014.
- ↑ Linda Harrison Bio | Linda Harrison Career. MTV. Retrieved on August 3, 2014.
- ↑ ‘Be With You’ in aid of the NSPCC from ACM Alumni Linda Harrison. ACM. Retrieved on August 3, 2014.
- ↑ Ade Adepitan. BBC. Retrieved on August 2, 2014.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. The original content was at Linda Harrison (singer). The list of authors can be seen in the page history.(view authors).|