Most songs have a direct or cryptic reference to romantic love. But, occasional exceptions are written by eccentric artists.
Excluded from list:
- Instrumentals represent about 15% of songs made, so they would overload the list.
- Cryptic references to romance, sex, and songs about women sung by men and vice versa often imply this excluded criterion.
- Theme songs to TV shows are countless and are typically non-love songs.
- Note: Some songs may have titles that suggest something else, but cryptically or briefly talk about love in the lyrics.
- Christmas songs are countless, and therefore excluded from the list as well.
- "99 Bottles of Beer" (Traditional)
- "Fuck Tha Police" by NWA
- "The Logical Song" by Supertramp
- "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo
- "Subdvisions" by Rush
- Most of these type of songs are almost never played on the radio.