Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone , full name (Bay City, Michigan, August 16, 1958) is an American singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, entertainer ,authorand Director. Madonna is also called the ever-transforming called Queen of Pop and is the best selling female artist of all time. According to Guinness World Records, the singer a proven quantity of 200 million albums sold.  In 2008, Billboard Magazine named Madonna to the second-best artist of all time in the Top 100 All time Artist. 
- 1.1 Youth
- 1.2 1980s
- 1.3 1990s
- 1.4 2000s
- 1.4.1 Music
- 1.4.2 Greatest Hits Volume 2
- 1.4.3 American Life
- 1.4.4 re-invention-Live8
- 1.4.5 Confessions on a Dance Floor
- 1.4.6 Confessions Tour
- 1.4.7 Adoption aids orphan
- 1.4.8 clothing line, Live Earth and directorial debut
- 1.4.9 Hard Candy
- 1.4.10 Sticky & Sweet World Tour and Celebration
- 1.4.11 MDNA & Interscope Records
- 2 Controversy
- 3 Madonna in culture and Commerce
- 4 Trivia
- 5 discography
- 6 Tours
- 7 Filmography
- 8 external links
When receiving her confirmation, a Catholic sacrament, chose Madonna for the name Veronica as second Christian name. Her father, Malcolm (or Tony) Ciccone, is of Italian descent. Her mother, Madonna Ciccone-Fortin, is of French-Canadian descent. In addition to daughter Madonna they got even five children: Anthony, Martin, Paula, Christopher and Melanie.
Madonna grew up in Rochester Hills and Pontiac, both in the shadow of Detroit in the u.s. State of Michigan. At the age of five, she lost her mother (30), who died of cancerin 1963 . Sylvio Ciccone remarried later with the family housekeeper, Joan Gustafson. The couple had two children: Jennifer and Mario Salinas.
As a child followed Madonna piano and ballet lessons. At school she did actively contributes to the artistic activities. After high school she received a scholarship to the University of Michigan and she followed classes with the Christopher Flynn Ballet School, he was Madonna's mentor in the first years of her career. However, he died in the nineties to the effects of aids. Madonna paid his medical expenses and took care of him when he was in New York for an alternative treatment that was also paid by Madonna. After two years she left the University in 1976 to $ 35 in a taxi and the driver to ask her to put in a place where it all happens; the driver put her off on Times Square in the heart of New York. That's at least the version that Madonna would they allegedly sold to the press. the real story a bit modified, because Madonna does not come from a poor family as they believe the press does, but from a good middle-class family. [source? ]They would also never have lived in shacks, but in a small, but comfortable studio in The Music building in New York. [source? ]The full truth about this is still not detected.
Madonna sang in different punk-straps including Emmy and the Emmys. In addition, she also worked as a saleswoman at Dunkin' Donuts (which, however, they did not last long because she found it too nasty). In 1978, she worked as a backing singer for the French singer Patrick Hernandez who had a hit with "Born To Be Alive". They also played in 1979 in a student film ' A Certain Sacrifice ' which was released in 1985.
In 1982 Madonna gets her first record deal after being on the corner of the sickbed of Seymour Stein, the Director of record company Sire Records, a song had sung. This song Ain't No Big Deal appears years later on the b-side of the single Papa Don't Preach. Moreover, in 1998 released on the (unofficial) album In The Beginning.
Madonna's first single is called Everybody, a song she has written herself. Many people think at the time that the song is sung by a dark singer, partly because no photo on the cover of the single of Madonna can be seen. [source?]
Thanks to MTV manage to build the Madonna to quickly create a image. In her 1983 debut album from Madonna . The first big hit of this album is Holiday. This sheet is a worldwide hit. Other hits from this album areBorderline and Lucky Star. Also Everybody stands out. At this stage of her career is her former friend John Jellybean Benitez an important support. [source?]
In 1984 her Like a Virginalbum, produced by Chic's Nile Rodgers, known. The album is well received by both fans and critics, and attracts the attention because of the provocative title and cover. Three hits were released from the album: Like A Virgin, Dress You Up and Material Girl.
In 1985 Madonna makes her first trip to Hollywood. Vision Quest In the film she plays a club singer. This movie delivers its two more hits on: Crazy For You and Gambler. Later that year, she plays an important role in the film Desperately Seeking Susan. For this role she received critical acclaim. This movie is the song Into The Groove that to later editions of the album Like A Virgin as an additional number is added.
On 13 July 1985 Madonna appears on the Philadelphia-stage during Live Aid. That week before published in several media nude photos of Madonna as a sideline from the time they posed for kunstadacemie students in New York. Madonna to Bette Midler announced on Live Aid as "the woman who has pulled himself up to her bra straps, and there is also known to state that they they occasionally let bags." Madonna has performed three songs: Holiday, Into The Groove and Love Makes The World Go Round.
On August 16, 1985, her 27th birthday, Madonna marries actor Sean Penn. She plays with him in 1986 in the film Shanghai Surprise, a big flop. The couple quickly gets a negative reputation by their attitude towards the media, mainly because of Penns aggression against paparazzi.
In the fall of 1985 Madonna to her first tour, The Virgin Tour, available in the United States (in 1987 she will start to her first world tour).
After a quiet period of several months Madonna surprisingly back with a new album and a new look: short blonde hair, and also all the lingerie and bracelets seem to have disappeared. This new image she presents for the first time in the video clip of the song Papa Don't Preach, anticipating the appearance of her third album, True Blue. This album appears in June 1986 and is dedicated to the coolest guy in the universe: husband Sean Penn. On this album are the hits Open your heart, True Blue, the ballad Live to Tell (from the movie At Close Range in which Sean Penn has a role), La Isla Bonita and Papa Don't Preach. Unlike her first two albums has Madonna this time to the texts of the songs co-written and the album itself medegeproduceerd.
While the singles from True Blue dominate the charts, Madonna may find all the time to record a movie: who's That Girl. The film is little successful, but delivers Madonna again in the summer of 1987 on some big hits around the world: who's That Girl, Causing a commotion and The look of love. These singles are from the soundtrack album who's That Girl-Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. In addition to the three mentioned singles is also the Madonna- Can't Stop number to be found on the album, as well as tracks fromScritti Politti among others and Club Nouveau.
In 1987 Madonna to her first world tour: the 1987 who's That Girl World Tour . On this tour they first accompanied by backing singers and dancers Donna DeLory and Niki Harris-(the latter also later sang along on songs by Snap!). Also gives Madonna in August 1987 two sold-out concerts in De Kuip in Rotterdam. Her concert in Turin (Italy) on 4 september 1987 is broadcast live on tv and attracts millions of viewers worldwide.
Also she comes this year with the album You Can Dance. It contains remixes from well known singles, album tracks, on a continuous basis to each other but also mixed. There is also a new track on: Spotlight. This track was deleted at the last minute for the True Bluealbum, and released as a single is still in Japan . The album sells less well than Madonna's previous albums. As well as the film who's That Girl flops, is that for some critics to call on the occasion that the career of Madonna on the peak.
In 1989 Madonna again changes her appearance and image. This time no bleached hair, but her own color: dark. She brings in March the album Like A Prayer from. The video clip of the title track caused major uproar. In the video clip to see how Madonna is happen to witness a rape and murder for which another passerby is wrongly accused and arrested. Madonna is visiting a church, where a statue of the Saint Martin of Porres comes to life and her passionate coast. The real culprit to reminding Madonna, after which the wrongly accused man (proposed by the statue of Martin of Porres), is released. The Vatican spoke of ablasphemous video because of the mixture of eroticism and Catholic symbols. Pepsi Cola promised a multimillion contract with Madonna on. Despite (or because of) this controversy was the single worldwide a number 1-hit. The song was a big hit again in 2002 in the Mad'Houseversion of, and then gone into the mix at Sensation DJ Paul Elstak and Anthem 2004 by Neophyte. Recently (March 2010) is Like a prayer re-released by Meck ft Dino and governs the Sticky & Sweet Tour-version (2008-2009).
The album Like A Prayer, which is dedicated to her mother learned me pray ', ' which delivers some big hits, including Madonna Express yourself (with at that time the most expensive music video ever), Cherish,"Dear Jessie" (dedicated to the daughter of producer Pat Leonard), Oh Father (over the bond with her father) and Keep It Together (about her bond with her family). Promise To Try talks about the loss of her mother at a young age. There is also a duet with Prince on: Love Song, as well as the song Till Death Do Us Part that about her failed marriage to actor Sean Penn recounts. On 4 January 1989 she separated from him. The album closes with Act Of Contrition (exercise of repentance), which denounces them while the music of the song Like A Prayer is run backwards. If the song is Madonna's voice is turned backwards to hear at the end that says, "what do you mean it's not in the computer?!"
Madonna plays Warren Beatty in 1990 in addition to the role of Breathless Mahoney in the film Dick Tracy and gets good reviews for here. She with Vogue, from the album I'm Breathless (reference to her role in the film) that ' music from and inspired by the film Dick Tracy ' contains. This album also features the song Hanky Panky, which was a modest hit. Vogue was not initially intended to be released as a single. Madonna wrote the song together with Shep Pettibone specially for the b-side of the (at the time still vinyl) single Keep It Together. When they hear the number left to the record bosses of Warner Music was, everyone agrees: this song was too good for a B-side. It was decided to release it as a single and the song was added to the soundtrack of Dick Tracy (even though it had nothing to do with the movie). Vogue thanks in part to the iconic clip grows into one of Madonna's biggest hits. In addition, Vogue marks the beginning of a collaboration with producer Shep Pettibone (with whom she later makes the album Erotica ).
Likewise in 1990 Madonna her second world tour, the Blond Ambition Tour. A perfectly directed, tight show. On Tuesday 24 July 1990 she, almost three years after her who's That Girl World Tour, just not on in a sold-out Kuip in Rotterdam. The show is characterized by much profanity and sexual acts. For example, as ' they ' complained in Rotterdam that it is still too bright outdoor light show to see is not leaving her.Madonna is in danger of being arrested In Toronto if they do not adjust her show. Some visitors seem to have complained at the end of her show because of obscene behaviour of Madonna on stage. This is the infamous execution of the Oriental version of the song Like a Virgin meant. Madonna groped during the song seizes her (covered) in her crotch and breasts, at the end of the song she simulates a orgasm by violent rampage to go on the bed while she groped by two background dancers is. Madonna refuses to adjust or remove the number from her show and performs the song just not the police arrest her; Once the concert is over, Madonna is already on the way to the airport to fly to the next city for a performance the next day.
The show is seen as controversial because of Roman Catholic symbols such as the cross and priest and nuns type habits while the show also contains high levels of sexuality and profanity. This is reason for Pope John Paul II to the people of Italy to call to boycott the concerts in Rome . Madonna should indeed one of her shows in Rome cancellation and was furious that someone could so judge without the show to have experienced. They invited the Pope therefore from one of her shows in Rome to attend. As expected, he hit this offer. Her next album is apparently assigned to it. Since then, the relations between Madonna and the Vatican not improved.
At the end of 1990 comes Madonna with her first "Greatest Hits" album, The Immaculate Collection (the Immaculate collection), an album that instructs them to the Pope (which is also the nickname for her brother Christopher is). The cd is the first album ever that mixed is in Q-sound, that the listener the music in 3-dimensional style let experienced. The songs on the album are all remixed by Shep Pettibone. The album features two new tracks, both of which are big hits (Rescue Me and Justify my love, a collaboration with Lenny Kravitz). The video clip of the last song is boycotted by MTV , due to the explicit character. Madonna brings out the video cassette, therefore the first video single ever. The video clip be 400,000 copies sold. In the clip is also to see then boyfriend Tony Ward they once got as a birthday gift. He is primarily known as a nude model for gay magazines and movies.
In 1991 Madonna plays the lead role in a documentary about her life during the Blond Ambition Tour in 1990, titled Truth or Dare. In Europe, the film the title In bed with Madonna. In the documentary comes Madonna emerged as an ambitious, sexy and demanding woman, but also soft traits of her character come forward. So to see that they visit the grave of her mother. Madonna is visiting the Cannes film festival for its documentary to give the necessary publicity. The film was a worldwide success, and is still in the top 5 of highest grossing documentaries of all time with a yield of 29 million dollars.
A year later plays Madonna in the movie A League of Their Own, about a women'sbaseball team. Critics are raving about Madonna's acting performance. From this film comes the single This Used To Be My Playground, which Madonna's tenth number one hit in the United States was, but strangely not on the soundtrack of the film is. According to sources, would this come by Warner to sell the single not to stand in the way, the soundtrack was published by Sony[citation needed ].
In 1992 the album Erotica brings Madonna on her own new record label Maverick, which among others also Alanis Morissette and Deftones signed a contract. On Erotica are the singles Erotica, Deeper and Deeper,Fever (a cover version of Peggy Lee), Bye Bye Baby, Bad Girl and Rain. On the album, produced by Shep Pettibone, Madonna goes a little technokant on. for the cover of the album she wanted to completely naked on the picture, but record company Warner Music went there not agree. Therefore a detail chosen by one of the photos from the book Sex, which they soon after the appearance of the album and in which they brought into words in image and her erotic fantasies. The public seems to have temporarily enough of Madonna's erotica album (to Madonna standards) disappointing. The book Sex makes a lot of tongues los. It is, with its metal plates, now a much sought after and hard to find collector's item. The book would initially get the title X . However, when Madonna learned that there would appear around the same time a movie about the life of Malcolm X with the same title, she decided to give the book another title.
In 1993 Madonna begins her new tour, entitled The Girlie Show, a concert with a lot of circus-like elements and even a topless pole dancer who opens the show. The show also contains sexually suggestive elements like orgies and SM. Madonna does this time outside London and Paris no European cities and also Netherlands is skipped. She focuses this time though for the first time on Australia and South America, Israel and Turkey.
Madonna falls In 1994 her critics to in the song Human Nature. It says they do not know that they are not allowed to talk about sex and give cancelled. Her words at the end of the video clip of that respect Human Nature speak volumes: Absolutely No Regrets. Human Nature is released in 1994 album Bedtime Stories, which also contains other hits such as Secret, Take A Bow (with singer/producer Babyfacein the background, this song was seven weeks at number 1 in the US Billboard chart) written by Björk and fellow Bedtime Story that was produced by Nellee Hooper .
Madonna brings In 1995 a compilation cd, titled Something To Remember (also the title of one of the tracks, taken from the album I'm Breathless 1990). It contains Madonna's favorite ballads and three new songs:you'll See (that they later also in Spanish inzong: Veras), One More Chance and I Want You (a cover of Marvin Gaye, recorded together with Massive Attack).
In 1996 she plays in the film Evita about Eva Perón, wife of Argentine dictator Juan Perón from which the hit Don't Cry For Me Argentina comes. Also from this film is the single You must love me, that get a Oscar for best movie song. As the third single was Another Suitcase In Another Hall released. Madonna itself gets a Golden Globe for best actress. The movie and the soundtrack are a huge success.
The film does a great deal of controversy already during the recordings. The fact that Madonna play extracts the anger of many Evita-haters on the neck. If the movie surprised many by her once she is remarkably good voice and acting performances. Madonna gives itself also to working on her voice.
During the shooting for Evita Madonna comes out that she is pregnant. Like Madonna In October 1996 with her first child, daughter Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon of her then-friend and fitness trainer, Carlos Leon.Madonna brings largely outside the publicity by 1997 .
In March 1998 the album Ray of Light, of which the first single Frozen is a worldwide hit. With this cd skips Madonna a new path in terms of sound, but also lyrically. Producer William Orbit is responsible for the electronic sound of the album Madonna and Patrick Leonard writes together with its most spiritual texts so far, including inspired by Judaism Kabbalah. Critics praise the sound and the voice of Madonna, who after the singing lessons for the film Evita has become a lot stronger. Also came from this album are the hits Ray Of Light, Drowned World/Substitute For Love, The Power of good-bye and Nothing really matters .Madonna on Live8
In Madonna plays a starring role in the 2000 film The Next Best Thing next to Rupert Everett. For this movie she takes also two tracks; Time Stood Still and American Pie, a cover of the classic of Don McLean.
Also appears In september 2000 her album Music, that technical new electronics music, produced by William Orbit and Mirwais . In addition to the title track, Music, also appear andDon't Tell Me 'What It Feels Like for a Girl on single. As a bonus, is also in Europe the previous hit American Pie added to the album, a decision by her record company to which Madonna in hindsight was not happy.
In december of that same year, Rocco in Scotland baptized and marry Madonna and Guy Ritchie at Skibo Castle a day later in Dornoch. Ritchie makes for the remix of the single "What It Feels Like for a Girl a controversial video clip in which Madonna with a grandmother adamant about the road and ultimately against an electricity pole POPs. Also they make together for the BMW commercial Star in which she plays a spoiled, krengerige Star (a parody of himself).
In decision 2001 Madonna for the first time in eight years to go touring. Her Drowned World Tour kicks off on June 9 in Barcelona. She plays many songs from the success albumsRay Of Light and Music. Once again she does with this tour not to Netherlands. Though she plays for the first time guitar and they surprised her fans themselves by some rough passages.
2002 is a relatively quiet year for Madonna. A large part of the year she is working on a new album. She plays a small role in the latest James Bond, also the title song of which they Die Another Day sings. Helped by the accompanying video clip full of special effects is the song a big hit in the autumn of the year.
In 2003 brings Madonna American Life from the album. This is one of her most personal albums ever, as she sings in Mother And Father over the loss of her mother, and Intervention is dedicated to her son Rocco.The overall theme of the album is that materialistic business man is not happy. The first single American Life, but Madonna is the decision to withdraw at the last minute video. In the video are war images to see and the criticism on president Bushopenly clip. Because at that time the war in Iraq breaks out, Madonna the clip finds inappropriate. Other voices claiming that her motivation to withdraw the clip commercial was given the patriotic atmosphere in America at that time ran the risk to be boycotted. Other singles from this album are Hollywood, Nothing Fails and Love Profusion (that is also used as a supporting music and video for a perfume by Estee Lauder). Although the album American Life comes in at number 1 in the album lists, sales ultimately against.
During the MTV Awards in september 2003 cause Madonna, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears global turmoil by to give a French Kiss each other during the rendition of Like A Virgin and a medley of Hollywood.This "cooperation" seems good to give birth, because for Britneys In The Zone album take them a duet on that as well on single pops up: Me Against The Music .Madonna during Live8
In the 2004 re-invention Tour place. Madonna performs during this tour mainly on in America, but she does also Netherlands once again after 14 years. In Europe she is performing inArnhem (Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 september, GelreDome), Ireland, Lisbon, London and Paris. Both concerts in Arnhem are sold out in no time. The war in Iraq, peace, the electric chair, a skateboarder, a bagpipe player, John Lennons Imagine, Madonna who heenkomt over the audience. These are all elements of this world tour. Unlike her previous show-theDrowned World Tour -she sings during the re-invention Tour countless hits. Of each album she has released, she sings at least one number. For the first time since the 1987 who's That Girl World Tour is a backup singer Niki Harris not qualify. She has just given birth to a child and would also like to spend some more attention to her own career. If replacement is Siedah Garrett asked, a singer best known for her duet with Michael Jacksonin 1987, I Just can not Stop Loving You. They also all backing vocals on Madonna's third album True Blue in 1986.
The concert begins with a video showing of The Beast Within (a remix of the song Justify My Love from 1990) on which Madonna whispering verses from the revelation , accompanied by scenes from X-static Process, a video-and photo-impression, shot by photographer Steven Klein for his exhibition. That the then 46-year-old Madonna still lasts a number of years, they have after opening the video screens from the stage comes to mind: Strike A Pose; a handstand cost her little trouble if they bet with the song Vogue. The public reacts delirious. The documentary that Madonna makes with Jonas Akerlund about her life during the re-invention Tour is, accompanied by a live-cd, released on dvd under the title I'm Going To Tell You A Secret .
Enter on 2 July 2005 in London's Hyde Park on Madonna during the largest pop concert of all time, Live 8, for a 200,000-strong audience and another 3 billion tv, internet and mobile phone viewers. She sings her hits Like a Prayer, Ray Of Light and a long version of Music. After the concert, she announced that her new album Confessions on a Dance Floor is welcome.
The album turns out to be a return to her career. The disc is released in november 2005 and contains the hit Hung Up, a catchy and danceable number around a sample of the ABBA- Gimme number! Gimme!Gimme! (A Man After Midnight). With Hung Up , she also her third number 1 in Netherlands and thirtieth top 10-hit. This success continued with the release of the singles Sorry (number 2 in Netherlands), Get Together and Jump. On Tuesday 16 August 2005, her 47th birthday, Madonna breaks a collar bone, a hand and three ribs in a fall from her horse on her estate in Wiltshire (England). A month later she goes back to work. With a good dose of painkillers she takes the music video for Hung Up on.
On Friday 18 november 2005 Madonna in Belgium convicted of plagiarism. The first four sizes of her song Frozen (1998) correspond to the song Ma vie error le camp (1993) by the Belgian composer Salvatore Acquaviva of Mouscron. The result of this condemnation is that in Belgium CDs and DVDs which can be heard Frozen are to be taken off the shelves and the number there may be no longer turned on radio and television.
Early 2006 put Madonna two new world records in her name. She is the first artist with an album, Confessions on a Dance Floor, reached the number one position in 40 countries. Hung Up did the same in the single charts in no fewer than 41 countries.Madonna during the Confessions Tour
In May 2006 Madonna to a new world tour, the Confessions Tour. The tour opens on May 21 in Los Angeles. The show has been praised by critics. The action is also controversial: Madonna rides her dancers so if horses and mimics a crucifixion after them. After several stops in the u.s. and Canada, she will arrive at the end of July in Europe. Also was done to Netherlands . On 3 and 4 september 2006, the show was performed in the Amsterdam ArenA . Tickets for these two concerts in Netherlands were quickly sold out. Before the start of the concerts run opponents of the concert (in particular the organisation cry for Life) around the entrances while pamphlets are handed out with the text "Madonna," Jesus loves you ". During the concert itself-and in particular during the controversial performance of the song Live to tell -walk the believer campaigners around the ArenA in a symbolic reference to the fall of the Biblical Jericho (Joshua 6).
She also plays in England, Wales, Germany, Italy, France, Denmark, Czech Republic and Russia. After Europe mid september the last four concerts scheduled, in Japan. On 3 november the 4th single from the album Confessions on a Dance Floor: Jump. On the B side it is not legacy number History.
On 22 november 2006 the American television channel NBC sends one of the concerts of Madonna's Confessions Tour from. Under pressure from Christian organizations sent the transmitter during the crucifixion scene ' Live to Tell ' doesn't matter. Instead, it was during the song other images displayed. In the end of 2006 the Netherlands was full kruisigingsact broadcast. Just before the concert in Amsterdam did a priest to no avail a false bomb threat to the concert (and thus the crucifixion scene) to occur. In January 2007 the live recording on dvd and received 2nd place in the album top 100).
Madonna in 2006 also provides for much commotion by the Malawian boy David by adopting 13 months old. Madonna got the little boy in the visor, when she visited Malawi as part of a project where they cooperate.The singer donated a lot of money to build two orphanages for orphans of parents who died of Aids. David was such a orphan, that two weeks after the birth ended up in an orphanage. His mother died of AIDS, his father is still alive though. David was at the very first encounter with Madonna very sick; He suffered from malaria and scurvy. David's father has given his approval to the adoption. However, not everyone is happy with the adoption. Madonna would have seemed to her the adoption rules. The singer denies this in an interview with Oprah Winfrey and declares that the adoption of David perfectly legal is . In early 2008 the adoption legal explained by a judge in Malawi and David finally may stay with her.
In 2009 Madonna decided to adopt another baby from Malawi. The 4-year-old Chifundo James lived just as David in an orphanage. Only two years later if Madonna the girl in her arms close. The singer has her daughter then called Mercy James.
Despite all her break-ups has Madonna custody of all four children. She wants to educate them in America as a family. Madonna once said: "family is everything. Family comes first. It's not what I had expected, but that it never. "
2007 starts relatively quiet for Madonna. The dvd of The Confessions Tour: Live from London appears at the end of January. There are rumors about the recordings of a new album with Stuart Price, among othersTimbaland and Pharrell Williams, but nothing is officially confirmed. To Price tells news channel E! Madonna's new album that will have a completely new sound. In the spring appears under big media attention the clothing collection on the market that Madonna Commission has designed for H & M. In 2006 she appeared in commercials for this store chain.
On 16 May 2007 a new Madonna- Hey Yousong. The song has Madonna written specifically for the Live Earth benefit concert , to make people aware that global warming with the current way of life very fast.Producer of the song is Pharrell Williams. The number is free to download and will not be single. In contrast to the dance music of her latest cd, Confessions On A Dance Floor, Hey You is a ballad. Madonna performed the song at Live Earth on 7 July at Wembley Arena. If valve in London she sang there also Hung Up, Ray of Light and La Isla Bonita. During that last song, she was strengthened by two members of the Romano-Gypsy band Gogol Bordello, this gig soon took out the top 10 most viewed videos on YouTube. Gogol Bordello has also appeared in Madonna's directorial debut Filth & Wisdom, where she worked in the summer of 2007. The movie goes on February 13, 2008 premiere at the Berlin Film festival. Madonna is here itself at present and also gives a press conference about her directorial debut. Madonna also makes a documentary about the life of the population in Malawi, under the title I am because we are. During her press conference at the premiere of Filth & Wisdom said Madonna that this documentary will premiere may during the Cannes film festival.
Madonna also has success as a writer. There are 4 new children's books from The English roses series.
Most of the time in 2007, Madonna in the record studio, where she worked on her new album Hard Candy. Long before the appearance of the album leaked two songs from in the summer of 2007. A piece of a demo titled Candy Shop leaked out, but Madonna's spokeswoman wanted nothing word on the number, what did Madonna's fans wonder if the song really was. Around 22 August 2007 leaked a second song, titled Beat Goes On, a collaboration with Pharrell Williams. On the album will eventually appear a completely different version of the song, which includes a rap by Kanye West. This cooperation arose spontaneously when they encountered each other in the studio. The album appears in Europe on 25 april 2008 and 3 days later in America and the rest of the world. The album gets good reviews and is largely produced by Madonna along with Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Pharrell Williams and Danja. Madonna does a small club tour in New York, Paris and in Maidstone (Kent) to promote the album. Remarkably, her backing band is almost entirely renewed over its last two tours. Stuart Price, her former producer and Music Director of her tours since 2001, they pushed aside and she has hired Kevin Atunes, which on the Sticky & Sweet Tour is complemented by DJ Enferno. Stuart wouldn't have want to cooperate because he just has become father (mother of the baby is Madonna's former Assistant Angela who also can be seen in the documentary I'm going to tell you a secret). In the fanbase, however, speculated that Madonna Stuarts work just too corny was made.
The first single from the new album, titled 4 Minutes (to save the world) is a collaboration with Justin Timberlake & Timbaland. The song slammed the Mega Top 50, the Single top 100 and the download Top 50 in Netherlands at number 1. In Belgium it is also number 1 and actually is the new number 1 anywhere in the world. Except in America, where the rapper Lil ' Wayne just does better. His number is only in America a hit so Madonna has with 4 Minutes delivered the biggest hit of 2008. The video, from directors Jonas & Francis, reaches 60 million viewers online.
For the second single ("Give It 2 Me), take Madonna a video on with Director/photographer Tom Munro and her former gardener Nathan Rissman and friend of the House. Also Pharell Williams (The Neptunes andN.E.R.D. 's) is to see in that video. The song is an international hit, but a smaller than 4 Minutes. However, the summer hit In the Netherlands and the weeklong number 1 in the Dutch Top 40. Madonna In Belgium reached the first place in the iTunes digital music store, but in the Ultratop reached its maximum point number on the 3rd place. As the third single from Madonna brings Miles Away , uptempo song with Madonna backing vocals by Justin Timberlake. The track is produced by Timbaland. The single with danceremixes is launched worldwide in november 2008. The song gets no video clip, why that is not clear. Despite the fact that Miles Away called the top 10 in Netherlands pulled out, the single become no big hit worldwide.
In the fall of 2008, under the title to her massive tour Madonna Sticky & Sweet Tour. The tour will start on August 23 in Cardiff, Wales on 2 september and the Amsterdam ArenA. The show's been a spectacle of Givenchy and boots from Stella McCartney and give the best of themselves. Also in this show are a few elements that world news. Madonna has girlfriend Britney Spears asked to record video with Steven Small, a respected and well known photographer/video artist. In the video is to see Spears in an elevator while she goes mad and the elevator really breaks down. The video is shown during Madonna's rendition of Human Nature and is confronting to name a few. The video became an instant hit on YouTube, which already 24 hours after the opening of the tour 300,000 viewers took out. Spears also makes her comeback two weeks later at the MTV VMA Awards.
But Madonna also shows yet another video during the concert, in which she compares John McCain with Hitler. At the end of the video, also filmed by Small, praises the American presidential candidate Barack Obama to Madonna. This caused a riot in America and made the tour even more sold out audiences on Madonna again performs her worldwide hit. Furthermore, Vogue , which completely reinvented with bits and beats out its last megahit 4 Minutes, it immediately became a fan favorite. Madonna is seen in a car, extreme skipping in an oldschool oldschool outfit of Givenchy and Ramesh and builds a solid party with her gypsy friends on stage. They are ' the "nerdy" glasses that hypet ' back in vogue and finally ' rides ' they digitally with Justin Timberlake, on tour.
After the expiration of the European part of the tour start Madonna in America. During her concerts in New York she scolds the American vicepresidents candidate Sarah Palin out. She calls her a bitch and a "fucker" that is not welcome on her show (by Madonna is known to be Democrats-trailer and it has not at all on president George Bush and candidate McCain). In that same speech mentions Madonna also that everyone has to get up and dance because "this is not a stupid Barbra Streisand show is".
The Sticky & Sweet Tour ended in São Paulo (Brazil) and has numerous records broken (which were already owned by Madonna) including:
- Total spectators: 2.350.282 fans
- Ticket sales: in ticketssales
During the tour, on October 15, 2008, it was officially announced that Madonna, after a marriage of nearly eight years, is going to divorce her second husband Guy Ritchie. The final separation was carried out on 21 november. There is no action deleted and they also never once refers to during a show.
On January 27, 2009 is known to the Sticky & Sweet Tour is going to get a sequel. Under the name Sticky & Sweet Tour II Europe again in the summer of 2009 will be done to them. Only London and Paris get the show to see once again, the other towns are all new. For the first time in her career she will occur in Belgium, on July 11, 2009 at the festival site Werchter's. Her tour changes on little: she turns three songs on her setlist and some videos and costumes are adjusted (like the song Candy Shop that they with a completely new outfit and background video step up).
On July 23, 2009 known Madonna's third greatest hits album Celebration is welcome and that two new songs come to be. The single would Celebration on 3 August from 14: 00 on the Dutch radio stations be turned;on 4 August the download single would come true. The music video for this song is included in Milan and Barcelona and fans could sign up to participate in the video. Furthermore, the dancers of the Sticky & Sweet Tour and even to see her daughter Lourdes. On 30 July the song leaked out and it spread worldwide. The same day, the single championed on the Dutch radio. Madonna's record company Warner Music has released all the download single on July 31 and officially given permission to run the song on the radio. The publication date for the cd single is september 11, 2009. On september 18, the album comes out, both in the form of a single as a double album. This is a week earlier than planned. On november 9, 2010, Madonna at Ellen Degeneres announced that she will go into the studio again after her film. 
Thursday 15 december 2011, it was announced that Madonna has signed a contract for three albums with Interscope Records.  Her first album on this label, and also her first album since four years will be released in March 2012. The first single will be called ' Give me all your luvin' and is released at the end of January, just before Madonna's planned appearance at the Super bowl. Nicki Minaj on a single will and m.i.a. can be heard. The music video for the single was recorded in mid-december in New York together with Nicki Minaj and m.i.a. by Megaforce. 
The second single of the album will be Girl Gone Wild . This has Madonna on 10 February 2012 announced on the radio.
With the announcement of her new album they broke a few records. Her new album stood in 50 countries on number 1 in iTunes even before it had appeared.
On 11 January 2012 made Madonna via her Facebook page known to her twelfth studio album called MDNA went. Also touring, the singer went again in July 2012 they did she gave two concerts in the Netherlands and Ziggo Dome. The first performance was sold out within half an hour; because of the great interest, a second concert scheduled. On 20 February 2012 left Perez Hilton know that the 15-year-old Lourdes went on tour with it. Her son also went along on tour as a dancer. On 12 July 2012 Madonna came to the King Baudouin stadium in Brussels. This was the second concert ever by Madonna in Belgium. The third single from the album MDNA was Turn Up The Radio. The video clip was recorded in Italy and was released on 16 July 2012. MDNA also brought two promo singles. Masterpiece was on 2 april 2012 as promo-single in the United Kingdom sent to the radio stations and "Superstar" came out on 3 december 2012 as free cd at the Brazilian newspaper Folha de s. Paulo.
American singer-songwriter Madonna is widely regarded as one of the most controversial people in pop history. For over 30 years, she manages to hold the attention of the public with new, for some, shocking images and looks. They regularly extracts itself thus the anger of one or more (often Christian) organizations on the neck and even the Pope answer when the music video for Like a Prayer came out to dance in which they kissed for burning crosses state and is referred to by a "dark" Jesus. Other infamous video clips are those of Express yourself (SM and bondage), Justify my love (the first clip ever to be broadcast only after 11 p.m. on MTV) and Erotica those images shows of her project; the book Sex in which they can be seen in several erotic nude settings that the fantasies of alter-ego "Dita" portraying.
Sex and religion constitute a guide throughout her career. In 1990, Madonna after her Blond Ambition Concert in Toronto almost arrested because in the performance of Like a Virgin was a masturbation scene. TheBlond Ambition Tour is later featured in the documentary In bed with Madonna in which she gives a look behind the scenes of the tour and among other things shows how she gives a blow-job from a bottle.
In 2003, the clip that they initially created for American Life had pulled back by Warner Brothers after images were leaked. There was a riot in America where Madonna was reviled by the media because of anti-patriotism. A simple version that shows only the singer was released for international flags. The original clip was an indictment of the war in Iraq and the administration of then-president Bush and showed among others Iraqi, Palestinian and Jewish children between soldiers on the catwalk. The clip ends with Madonna who throws a hand grenade in the audience who is captured by Bush. The following rel is formed by the tongue kiss with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera during the opening of the MTV Awards.
According to critics is Madonna no longer than an attention tractor that real advantage of the media to maintain its position of Queen of Pop. But she also used her popularity to draw attention to the problems in the world, again using controversy and shocking images. As with the implementation of ' Live To Tell ' during her Confessions Tour, where they quasi-hanging on a glitter cross complete with Crown of thorns sings while images of aids children and Bible texts in the background can be seen. Religious organizations around the world have protested and called it blasphemy, according to the artist himself, it was a call to the global problem awareness of aids .
For Live Earth, an organization against global warming, she took in 2007 the free download single Hey You on and provided for the clip of shocking images of natural disasters, hunger, aids, etc. and switched it off with positive images of children playing and thriving nature. The song and the clip became the theme song for the Live Earth concerts around the world.
Shares In 2008 Madonna during her Sticky & Sweet Tour again a stab forward to president Bush by him in a video montage to portray in the same row with dictators and even Hitler, while Obama is compared to thedalai lama (Tenzin Gyatso).
- Madonna is in 2008 included in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- She got the role of Meryl Streep offered in Music of the Heart, Michelle Pfeiffers role in The Fabulous Baker Boys and Sharon Stones role in Casino but hit them all off; all the listed films were nominated for an Oscar for this role.
- During the MTV Celebrity deathmatch hitshow "moisture" Madonna Michael Jackson against (and defeated) in a "battle" as the "King and Queen of Pop".
- She has written several children's books: The English roses (a series, of which there are now 9 books), the apples of Mr. Peabody, the adventures of Abdi, Jacob and the seven Thieves and Lotsa de Casha.
- Madonna has designed clothing for girls, entitled English Roses, to the title of her first children's book. Daughter Lourdes wears a dress also.
- She also has a collection for the well-known fashion department store H & M designed.
- Her song Ray of light from the album of the same name is used by Microsoft during their Windows XP advertising campaign.
- Madonna's hit Beat Goes On was used in advertising for Apple's launch of the iPod Nano (new generation).
- For Apple has they the iMac video connection tested.
- The song she's Madonna of Robbie Williams is based on an interview that the singer had with the man of Madonna, Guy Ritchie. In this talk told Ritchie that he had dumped his then girlfriend for Madonna with the words: "I love you baby, but face it, she's Madonna!".
- Her song Miles Away is the intro to a Japanese soap opera.
- Madonna is in the distance related to the Canadian star Celine Dion, the former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the wife of the English Crown Prince Prince Charles, Camilla Parker Bowles.
- Her father, Silvio Ciccone (or Tony), has a wine case, Ciccone Vineyard & Winery in Suttons Bay (Michigan, her native state).
- Madonna once said that they want to be more famous than God.
- Madonna has several nicknames: Queen Of Pop, Nonnie, Maddy, Mo, Boy Toy, Mads, Madge, Her Madgesty, Material Girl, Veronica Electronica, M, Varla, Dita, Mother of re-invention, Queen of Dance, Queen of Shock, M-dolla, Supa Bitch ...
- For Program: The Beastie Boys.
- Tour opens in Seattle on 9 april 1985 and ends in New York City on June 11, 1985.
- Numbers: Dress You Up, Holiday, Into the Groove, Everybody, Angel, Gambler, Borderline, Lucky Star, Crazy for You, Over and Over, Burning Up, Like a Virgin-Billie Jean, Material Girl.
- Dvd: Virgin Tour Live in Detroit.
- Tour opens in Osaka (Japan) on 6 June 1987 and ends on 6 september 1987 in Florence (Italy).
- On 25 and 26 August 1987 Madonna gives two sold-out concerts in the Rotterdam Kuip.
- Numbers: Open your heart, Lucky Star, True Blue, Papa Don't Preach, White Heat, Causing A Commotion, The Look of Love, the medley Dress You Up/Material Girl/Like A Virgin with parts from I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch), where's the Party, Live to Tell, Into the Groove, La Isla Bonita, who's that Girl, Holiday.
- Dvd: Madonna-Ciao Italia.
- For Program: Technotronic
- Tour opens in Makuhari (Japan) on 13 april 1990 and ends on 5 August 1990 in the Nice.
- On 24 July, Madonna in a not entirely sold-out Kuip in Rotterdam.
- Numbers: Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Causing A Commotion, where's The Party, Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, Live To Tell, Oh Father, Papa Don't Preach, Sooner or Later, Hanky Panky, Now I'm Following You, Material Girl, Cherish, Into the Groove, Vogue, Holiday, Family Affair-Keep it Together.
- The Blond Ambition Tour delivers $ 65.700.000 to ticket sales on.
- Dvd: there is no official dvd released with the entire action, there are some bootlegs in circulation. The documentary In bed with Madonna /Madonna Truth Or Dare follows during the tour and also includes images of the show.
- For program: UNV (in America), Yonca Evcimik and Kenan Delacruz (in Istanbul) and Peter André (in Australia).
- Tour opens in London on september 25, 1993 and ends on december 19, 1993 in Tokyo (Japan).
- Madonna does not to Netherlands.
- Numbers: Erotica, Vogue, Fever, Rain-Just My Imagination, Express Yourself, Deeper and Deeper, why's It So Hard, In This Life, The Beast Within, Like A Virgin, Bye Bye Baby, I'm Going Bananas, La Isla Bonita, Holiday, Justify My love, Everybody Is A Star-Everybody.
- The Girlie Show delivers $ 70.300.000 to ticket sales on.
- Dvd: Madonna-The Girlie Show: Live Down Under.
- Madonna gets heavy criticism of the Puerto Rican House of representatives to endure because they are on stage during The Girlie Show the Puerto Rican flag between her legs rubbed.
- Tour opens in Barcelona (Spain) on 9 June 2001 and ends on september 15 in Los Angeles (USA).
- Madonna does not to Netherlands.
- Numbers: Drowned World/Substitute For Love, Impressive Instant, Candy Perfume Girl, Beautiful Stranger, Ray Of Light, Paradise (Not For Me), Frozen, Open Your Heart "Swell" (Chord Intro), nobody's Perfect,Mer Girl-Sky Fits Heaven-Mer Girl (Part II), What It Feels Like For A Girl (Interlude), I Deserve It, Don't Tell Me, Human Nature, The Funny Song (also known as Oh Dear Daddy), Secret, Gone (in some American cities you'll See), Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Interlude), Lo Que Siente La Mujer (Spanish version of What It Feels Like For A Girl), La Isla Bonita, Holiday, Music.
- The Drowned World Tour has a total of 731 606 cards sold. Total revenue $ 76.792.245.
- Dvd: Madonna-Drowned World Tour 2001-Live in Detroit.
- Tour opens in Los Angeles (USA) on 24 May 2004 and ends on 14 september in Lisbon (Portugal).
- Madonna was on 8 and 9 september 2004 for 73.300 fans in GelreDome in Arnhem. Revenue $ 6.759.661.
- Numbers: The Beast Within, Vogue, Nobody Knows Me, Frozen, American Life, Express Yourself, Burning Up, Material Girl, Hollywood, Hanky Panky, Deeper and Deeper, Die Another Day, Lament, Bedtime Story, Nothing Fails, Don't Tell Me, Like A Prayer, Mother and Father, Imagine, Into the Groove, Papa Don't Preach, Crazy For You, Music, Holiday.
- Dvd: The tour documentary I'm Going To Tell You A Secret appeared in June 2006 on dvd and also includes images of the live show. It is uncertain whether there will ever be another dvd will appear with the entire concert.
- The re-invention Tour is the most lucrative tour of 2004 ($ 125 million in tickets sold).
- According to rumors, incidentally, that Madonna has denied, the re-invention Tour initially Babylon The Whore or Tour (the whore of Babylon, a reference to the book of revelations) going to be called.
- For program in a number of European Stadium concerts: Paul Oakenfold.
- Madonna was on 3 and 4 september 2006 for 102.330 fans in the Amsterdam ArenA. Revenue $ 11.783.254.
- Numbers: Future Lovers/I Feel Love, Get Together, Like a Virgin, Jump, Live to Tell, Forbidden Love, Isaac, Sorry, Like It Or Not, Sorry (Interlude), I Love New York, Ray of Light, Let It Will Be, Drowned World/Substitute for Love, Paradise (Not For Me), Music, Erotica/You Thrill Me, La Isla Bonita, Lucky Star, Hung Up.
- According to rumors were other names for the tour: "Dance And Sing World Tour" and "Superpop World Tour" (named after the song, an unreleased song from Superpop 2005).
- The Confessions Tour is the most lucrative tour by a female artist of all time ($ 195 million in tickets sold).
- For the Confessions Tour , a total of 1.209.618 cards sold.
- Dvd: The Confessions Tour: Live From London. This dvd is accompanied by a cd and was released on 26 January 2007 in Netherlands. Also, the dvd without cd available.The dvd was already become Gold before he came out, for 35,000 copies sold in Netherlands.
- Tour opened on 23 August 2008 in Cardiff (Wales) and ended on september 2, 2009 in Tel Aviv (Israel).
- Sticky & Sweet was a complete Stadium tourneé, and gave way to old school and more rock elements at the expense of its distinctive performance-art.
- For program in a number of European Stadium concerts: Robyn.
- Other programs: Benny Benassi (Rome), Paul Oakenfold, Bob Sinclar (Paris) and Hamutsun Serve.
- Madonna was on 2 september 2008 for 50.588 fans at the Amsterdam ArenA. Yield $6,717, 734.
- Set list 2008: The Sweet Machine (intro video), Candy Shop, Beat Goes On (with Kanye West), Human Nature (with Britney Spears), Vogue (mixed with 4 Minutes and Give It To Me), Die Another Day (video interlude), Into The Groove, Heartbeat, Borderline, "she's Not Me, Music (Fedde Le Grand remix), Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again (video interlude), Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Spanish Lesson, Miles Away,La Isla Bonita, You Must Love Me, Get Stupid (video interlude), 4 Minutes, Like A Prayer (mixed with Feels Like Home (original by Meck)), Ray Of Light, audience request number ( Express Yourselfin Amsterdam), Hung Up, Give It 2 Me (with Pharrel Williams).
- Set list 2009: The Sweet Machine (intro video), Candy Shop, Beat Goes On (with Kanye West), Human Nature (with Britney Spears), Vogue (mixed with 4 Minutes and Give It To Me), Die Another Day (video interlude), Into The Groove, Holiday (including homage to Michael Jackson), Dress You Up, she's Not Me, Music (Fedde le Grand remix), Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again (video interlude), Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Spanish Lesson, Miles Away, La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute, Doli Doli (interlude), You Must Love Me, Get Stupid (video interlude), 4 Minutes (with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland), Like A Prayer(mixed with Feels Like Home), Frozen (dance mix), Ray Of Light, "Give It 2 Me (with Pharrel Williams).
- The Sticky & Sweet Tour is the most lucrative tour by a solo artist of all time ($ 408 million in tickets sold).
- The Sticky & Sweet Tour has a total of 2.350.282 cards sold.
- The Sticky & Sweet Tour in 2009 got a sequel with 28 concerts in which the necessary went wrong. So during the construction stage in Marseille collapsed in which two people were killed. It is also Madonna during two shows fainted. Also she was booed in Bulgaria after they spoken up for the Gypsies given the gypsy section in her show (La isla bonita, Doli Doli, You must love me, Don't cry for me Argentina (the last number is only performed in Argentina and is on the dvd that was released in March 2010)
- Madonna has given a concert for the first time in her career in Belgium. It has also performed the mix of Frozen there without further legal consequences. Frozen is in Belgium banned by the Court after there plagiarism has been detected and the number no longer in Belgium may be turned in public areas as well as on radio and tv.
- The tour consisted of 85 shows: 42 in Europe, 30 in North America, 11 in South America and 2 in Asia. She is the only artist ever with less than 85 shows for 2.4 million people has stood.
- Setlist: Act of Contrition (Intro), Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Gang Bang, Papa Don't Preach, Hung Up, I Don't Give A, Best Friend (interlude), Express Yourself, Turn Up The Radio, Give Me All Your Luvin, Open Your Heart, masterpiece, Justify My love (interlude), Vogue, Candy Shop/Erotica, Human Nature, Like a Virgin, Nobodys Knows Me (interlude), I'm Addicted, I'm A Sinner, Like a Prayer, Celebration
- Vision Quest (1985)
- A Certain Sacrifice (1985)
- Desperately seeking Susan (1985)
- Shanghai Surprise (1986)
- Who's that girl (1987)
- Bloodhounds of Broadway (1989)
- Truth Or Dare/In Bed With Madonna (1990)
- Dick Tracy (1990)
- Shadows and Fog (1992)
- A League of Their Own (1992)
- Body of Evidence (1993)
- Dangerous Game (1993)
- Blue in the Face (1995)
- Four Rooms (1995)
- Evita (1996)
- Girl 6 (1996)
- The Next Best Thing (2000)
- Hire: The Star (2001)
- Swept Away (2002)
- Die Another Day (2002)
- I'm Going To Tell You A Secret (2005)
- Arthur and the Minimoys (2007)
- W.E. (Director) (2012)