Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"More Than This" is a 1982 single by British art rock band Roxy Music. It was released as the first single from their album Avalon. The song peaked at #6 in the UK. Although it only charted at #102 in the United States, it remains one of their best known singles there. American alternative rock band 10,000 Maniacs released a successful cover in 1997, a single that hit #25 and outperformed Roxy Music's lone U.S. Top 40 single "Love Is the Drug" (#30, 1976).
- 2 Cover versions
- 3 In popular culture
- 4 References
- 5 External links
|Australian Kent Music Report||6|
|Belgium VRT Top 30||13|
|Dutch Top 40||24|
|French Singles Chart||6|
|German Media Control Singles Chart||24|
|Irish Singles Chart||6|
|Italian Singles Chart||21|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||12|
|Norwegian Singles Chart||2|
|Radio Luxemburg Singles||3|
|Spanish Singles Chart||10|
|Swedish Singles Chart||17|
|Swiss Singles Chart||6|
|UK Singles Chart||6|
|Australian Kent Music Report||49|
|Italian Singles Chart||77|
- In 1997, a cover performed by 10,000 Maniacs with Mary Ramsey singing the lead became a US hit when it reached 25 on the US Hot 100. The video for the cover was filmed at House on the Rock.
- Jazz guitarist Charlie Hunter and singer Norah Jones covered the song for Hunter's 2001 album Songs from the Analog Playground.
- Jimmy Gomma, an italodance producer did a cover of the song in 2002
- During 2004, a compilation called Roxy Remodeled was released with Madison Park's version.
- Blondie used the 10,000 Maniacs arrangement in their live cover.
- Electrelane did a live cover of this song, which can be found on their album Singles, B-Sides & Live.
- Australian singer-songwriter Missy Higgins recorded a cover of the song that was released as a single in 2009 and appears on her US EP Steer & More.
- Low Pop Suicide covers the song on the 1997 tribute album Dream Home Heartaches... Remaking-Remodeling Roxy Music.
- Robyn Hitchcock has covered the song live. A recording can be found on his greatest hits compilation.
- Contemporary folk artist Lucy Kaplansky covered the song on her 2007 album, Over the Hills.
- Canadian singer/songwriter Damhnait Doyle covered the song in her 2008 album of cover songs Lights Down Low.
- Dance songwriter Alex Christensen released a single cover in 2011 under the adopted name Jasper Forks.
- Emmie's cover of More Than This appears in Dancing Stage EuroMIX, as More Than This '99, as one of the eight Universal songs.
- Spanish band Peanut Pie covered the song for their only album in 1994.
- Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs covered the song for their 2013 album Under the Covers, Volume 3.
- In the popular video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, "More Than This" was one of the songs featured on fictional radio station Emotion 98.3.
- Bill Murray performed the song in the film Lost in Translation, directed by Sofia Coppola. Murray sings in a scene where his character is at a karaoke party. His performance is included as a hidden track after a period of silence at the end of the soundtrack album.
- The song is played in the movie Matchstick Men when Roy Waller, Nicolas Cage and his teenage daughter Angela (Alison Lohman) are in a bowling alley together.
- The song is played on Nip/Tuck in Season 2, Episode 3 ("Manya Mabika") during a hair-transplant surgery.
- Featured on the soundtrack to the 1999 movie 200 Cigarettes.
- The song is played on Community in Season 5, Episode 6 ("Analysis of Cork-Based Networking") during the montage/Fat Dog Dance.