Music Wiki Administrators are trusted users with tools in order to maintain the wiki and serve the general will of the wiki.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
For more, please see Special:ListGroupRights.
List of wiki administrators
- Jeffwang16, also called Jeff, is the main Administrator and Manager (verify) of the Music Wiki. He will help you with most anything. His signature is .
- X~Calibur95 is another Administrator at the Music Wiki (verify).
- Jäzzi is a trusted user across Wikia who has a passion for music as well. She is an Administrator at the Music Wiki. (verify).
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator
- See Project:Requests for general wiki requests.
There is a community page for requests, see above. You must pass community consensus and must agree and abide to the following oath: "By becoming an administrator/manager on the Music Wiki, Your Subculture Soundtrack, I agree to use my tools wisely and for the general good and general will of the community and people." Management may demote users with no prior notice.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.