Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ne Obliviscaris (Latin for "forget not") are a six-piece extreme progressive metal band from Melbourne, Australia. They use a variety of instruments consisting of a violin, two guitars, bass, drums, clean and extreme vocals. The musical influences ranges from death to black, thrash and melodic metal, and classical, jazz, avant-garde and flamenco.
Formation, The Aurora Veil, and Portal of I (2003–2012)Edit
Nine years after formation, and five years after the release of The Aurora Veil, Ne Obliviscaris released their debut album, Portal of I, in 2012. Much trouble was experienced by the band in obtaining French guitarist Benjamin Baret an Australian visa, resulting in the delay of the album's release.
In June 2014, Ne Obliviscaris started a crowdfunding campaign to support a world tour. Their target of A$40,000 was surpassed, to reach a final amount of $86,132 Template:As of. In August 2014, the band announced the release of their second full album, Citadel. Citadel reached at #42 on the ARIA Albums Chart.
- Studio albums
- Sarabande to Nihil (Independent, 2015. Released as part of 2014 crowdfunding campaign - material written 2004-2005)
- Hiraeth (Independent, 2015. Released as part of 2014 crowdfunding campaign - material written 2004-2005)
- Demo albums
- The Aurora Veil (Independent, 2007)
- ↑ Ne Obliviscaris - About. Facebook. Retrieved on November 2, 2014.
- ↑ Interview with Benjamin Baret by Prog Metal Zone. progmetalzone.com. Retrieved on November 8, 2012.
- ↑ Ne Obliviscaris WORLD TOUR by Tim Charles, Xen and Dan Presland. Pozible.com. Retrieved on August 22, 2014.
- ↑ Ne Obliviscaris - Timeline Photos. Facebook (2014-08-18). Retrieved on August 22, 2014.
- ↑ The ARIA Report, Issue 1291