Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gabriele Susanne Kerner (b. 24 March 1960), better known by the name Nena is a German singer, active in pop music. The eponymous band Nena scored big hits in the 1980s including 99 Luftballons, which was a worldwide hit, Nur geträumt Fragezeichen , Leuchtturm, Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwannand. Nena went solo In 1989.Initially with less success than in the period with the band. However, she made a successful comeback In 2002. The production from the period of the band Nena counted she has an estimated worldwide more than 22 million records sold. She has also worked as a presenter and actress.
- 2 private life
- 3 Trivia
- 4 discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 prizes and awards in Germany
- 7 Literature
- 8 external link
In november 1977, cooking in a Hagense the learned Nena guitarist Rainer Kitzmann common. He asked her as a singer in his band The Stripes to take place. The first live performances followed In 1978 and the band got a record deal. The first single Strangers appeared at the end of 1979. An lp, The Stripes, appeared in 1980. Three singles were then linked to. The LP and singles all had no success. The band joined in 1981 with the song " Tell me your name still on in the German television programDisco. The same year the band split up. Nena then left the band with drummer Rolf Brendel of The Stripes to Berlin, to join him, guitarist Carlo Karges, bassist Jürgen Dehmel and keyboarder Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen to form the band Nena .
Between 1982 and 1987 was Nena singer of the band Nena. The fact that the singer and the band had the same name, has sometimes led to confusion.
The most famous song of the band Nena 99 Luftballons is from Netherlands and Flanders, among other things, that in 1983 a number 1-hit. Although there is an English version of which exists in the United Kingdom on 1 came, it was the German-language version that the American top took out. Nur geträumt In Germany was their first hit in 1982. The band made four German-language albums, one half English half German-language album and a whole-English language album. The English-language songs were translations of the German-language versions. Harder to translate songs were partially or entirely new text on the same melody. In 1987 the band split up.
Nena used the songs from the period of the band Nena nowadays as a solo singer still.
Nena is the 80 's also worked as an actress. Nena In 1983 in the film Gib Gas Ich will Spass. In 1985, she had a guest role in the film Richty Guitar and in 1987 she played a role in the film Der Unsichtbare.
In 1989 began a solo career under the name Nena Kerner. Her first solo album was named Wunder geschehen, as well as the first single from the album, which was a modest hit. In the 1990s, there were 4 pop albums: Bongo girl (1992), Und dreht sich everything (1994), Jamma nich (1997) and Wenn dann stimmt's "" direction to ist, everything was nich (1998), but Nena scored no big hits more and the albums achieved no high sales figures. Slowly she lost the attention of the general public. In the 1990s, they still gave performances and concerts, but for a smaller audience than in the 1980s. In 2001 she released the pop album fromChokmah .
Is Nena In 1990 also started with the release of albums with children's songs, after which several children's albums up to and including 2008. There were rarely singles from these albums, thereby.
In the 1990s, Nena also appeared as presenter on German television.
Although they never had been entirely absent, made an unexpectedly big comeback at the end of 2002, Nena. Together with former member of the band Nena, Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen, who had delivered in the 1990s song material for, among other things, NSYNC, she made a new album. Together they came to the idea to songs mainly from the period of the band Nena, but also to remix a few songs from her solo career to newer versions. The disqualification to modernise these old songs; both at the fans from the 1980s, as well as with the youth. Because the new young people (modernized) versions, of the then to about 20 years old, created a new group of fans to play songs also. The associated album Nena feat. Nena was a great success and there were over 1.5 million copies sold. The album was awarded triple-platinum in Germany. Released as a single In Germany were respectively: 99 Luftballons (new version), Lighthouse (new version), got a new text, which is partly Wunder geschehen (new version), Anyplace, anywhere, anytime (new version) and Nur geträumt (new version). In 2003, she scored along with Kim Wilde in a part of Europe a hit with Anyplace, anywhere, anytime, a bilingual remake Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann 's Anyplace, anywhere, anytime and from 1984. It was the fourth single from the album Nena feat. Nena. Among other things, the Netherlands took out the single number 1 position. In Flanders, the single at number 2. After Anyplace, anywhere, anytimewas in Netherlands and Belgium, without much success, released the new version of 99 Luftballons . In 2003 followed a dvd under the title Nena feat. Nena live. In 2004 followed a live cd entitled Nena live Nena.
In 2005 a whole new album under the name: Willst du mit mir gehn. The single Liebe ist landed on the first place of the German singles chart. The second single Willst du mit mir gehn took place 6 in the German charts. The third single was Lass mich. The album contained two CDs. One with studio recordings (album red) and one with unpluggedliedjes (album orange). The ' red album ' was recorded in a studio in Berlin and the ' orange album ' was recorded on Mallorca. The ' orange ' is highly experimental album with songs that last longer than 8 minutes, making it commercially is not interesting. The ' red album ' contains the commercial more interesting part, with a lot of uptempo pop songs and some ballads. The with Platinum award-winning album took place 2 of the German album chart. Willst du mit mir gehn is the last album to date (2013) that also in Netherlands and Flanders has been released.
Nena's autobiography In 2005 : willst du mit mir gehn Nena , which together with Claudia Thesenfitz wrote. The original working title of the book Ich bintengunste, but was ushered from the album Willst du mit mir gehnchanged. In the German bestseller list came the book in on place 3.
In 2007 she sang in collaboration with Olivier Pocher and Stephan Remmler the soundtrack for the movie Vollidiot in. The song Ich kann nix dafürgot the name. A song to the tune of the song Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John from 2006.
In Germany, Austria and Switzerland came in 2007 from the album Cover me . The double cd contained both German and English cover songs. On the cd stood just one new song; Mach augen auf, the first single of the album. The second single was Ich werde dich Lieben was released as the third single Mein Road ist mein Road. The album reached place 6 of the German album chart.
In Germany, Austria and Switzerland, arrived in 2009 from the album Made in Germany . The album counted 13 new songs. The first single was Wir sind Wahr , thereby, as second Du bist so gut für mich, In meinem Leben, that if third place 4 of the German chart took out and as the fourth Ga. The award-winning album with gold in Germany took place 3 of the German album chart. Made in Germany is the first pop album released by Nena's own record company Laugh & Peas Entertainment & Lifestyle GmbH. In 2008 she released a children's album, on its own label. In 2010, a live version of the album released under the name Made in Germany live. In 2011 followed a dvd under the title Made in Germany live in concert.
99 Luftballons was remixed again In 2009 to a newer version, which the video clip was broadcast in the framework of the "Summer of the 80s" by the German television station ARTE. This new version seems to be more on the original version than the version from 2002.
On May 1, 2010 a concert in Amsterdam gave Nena. It was her first appearance since years in Netherlands. The occurrence took place in Paradiso. On the dvd Made in Germany live to see his images of this concert.The concert was part of the Europe tour. Nena toured for the first time in over 25 years by a part Europe. In the meantime, they pretty much only occurred in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. They also did Luxembourg, Belgium and United Kingdom to. The performances were unique because of the relatively small venues in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, since they mainly in large concert halls and on great festivals occurs. Later in 2010, they are still three performances in Netherlands: one on Parkpop in the Hague, one on Retropop Emmen in and one in the Rodahal in Kerkrade.
In 2010 she transferred in the German-speaking countries a new version of the song Haus der drei Sonnen from 1985 from. This time in duet with Peter Heppner. Haus der drei Sonnen had in 2002, at the time of Nena feat. Nena, received no new version. The song was part of the compilation album Best of Nena. Best of Nena is the only best-of album by Nena itself is compiled. They brought In 2011 in the German-speaking countries in collaboration with the single That Atzen Strobo Pop out. The number belongs to an album of Which Atzen.
Nena was between 2011 and 2012 as a coach in the first 2 season by The Voice of Germany. At present she is in the 3rd season.
On 2 november 2012 came, in the German-speaking countries, the new album Du bist gut out. The album debuted on place 2 of the German albumscharts. The first single Das ist nicht everything came out on 26 October 2012. In 2013, the second single Besser gehts nicht out. The 15 songs album is largely recorded on Iceland, in the studio of the Icelandic band Sigur Rós. The album was released in a standard version and deluxe version. The deluxe version features a bonus cd, with some live recordings and a number of new versions of old songs. The album was awarded a gold record in Germany now.
Although Nena solo artist, makes it does use a fixed band, which also helps with songwriten, composing and producing. This band members are (usually) not showing up for interviews or in video clips.
Nena has (approximately) sold more than 22 million records worldwide (included the sold plates from the period of the band Nena). This is about singles (LP, Cassette, CD, paid download), albums (LP, Cassette, CD, paid download), videos and DVDs. It belongs to one of the most successful artists from the German music history.
Since the first editions of The Voice of Germany (TVOG) she is one of the four coaches. She is very popular among the participants and is generally regarded as a good coach.
Nena was born on March 24, 1960 in Hagen as Gabriele Susanne Kerner. She grew up the first 5 years of her childhood in Breckerfeld. The family then moved to Hagen. She has a younger brother and a younger sister. Her parents are divorced. She uses the name Nena since her childhood. That name, which in Spanish means "little girl", she got after a holiday with her parents in Spain, where the locals her so called it. Since then it mentions her as herself and her environment. Because they have the name Nena also private and used already since her childhood, this is not a pseudonym.
She went to grammar school, but did not complete the training. At the request of her parents, she then trained as a Goldsmith. After the period of the band The Stripes, they exchanged Hagen for Berlin to form theband Nena . She continued to live in Berlin in the mid-1990s.
Between 1979 and 1987 Nena had a relationship with Rolf Brendel, drummer of the band Nena. In 1987 the Swiss actor Benedict Freitag Nena learned common. Along with Benedict Freitag and gave birth to a son, which she was awarded in 1988 by medical errors came in the world heavily handicapped. Nena wrong around childbirth itself also in mortal danger. Her son died In 1989 just before his first birthday. In 1990, Nena twins, a boy and a girl. Nena and Benedict Freitag divorced in 1992. With her current partner, drummer Philipp Palm, with whom she is not married, she had two more sons in the 1990s. In 2009 she had two grandchildren. The family currently lives in Hamburg (Stand 2013).
In 2007, Nena negative in the news because they are performing for employees of a German insurance company spectators would have scolded and insulted. The case came to court and this decided that had to repay part of the Nena obtained sum of money. The case was widely reported in the German tabloid press.
In 2007, Nena also a school in Hamburg, which she had founded with a number of others. The school was given the name: Neue Schule Hamburg. It is the first school in Germany organized according to the concept of the Sudbury school. (Gossip) In the German press has been release on riots at the school, but this would by now have been resolved.
- Although it has tried several times in English, Nena were mainly the German versions of the albums and singles that did well in Germany and abroad. Only 99 Red Balloons from the period of the band Nena became a hit in a number of countries (although in most countries, including the United States, 99 Luftballons did it better) and the bilingual Anyplace, anytime, anwyhere became a hit in any part of Europe.
- The video clip of the band Nena's 99 Luftballons (1983) is included in Netherlands.
- The video clip of Anyplace, anywhere, anytime from 2003 is included in London.
- Her two biggest hits in 99 Luftballons Netherlands Anyplace, anywhere, anytime and are both in the top 2000.
- Anyplace, anywhere, anytime in Netherlands in 2003 was 5 weeks at number 1 in the top 40 and stayed 19 weeks in the list. 99 Luftballons stood in 1983 4 weeks at number 1 in the top 40 and stayed there for 10 weeks in there, so one could argue that Anyplace, anywhere, anytime was a bigger hit than in Netherlands 99 Luftballons.
- When Nena was working on the album Nena feat. Nena, for which they also released a new version of Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann wanted to record, they accidentally met Kim Wilde on a party in Berlin. She asked Kim Wilde, which they knew from the 80s Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann , together, to incorporate in a bilingual version. Without this encounter, the new version of Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann and Anyplace, anywhere, anytime from 1984 that an unexpected big success was not in bilingual format with Kim Wilde have appeared.
- Nena covered himself with the album Nena feat. Nena, but was also often covered. Especially the songs 99 red balloons/99 luftballons Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann,, Nur geträumt and Anyplace, anywhere, anytime (new version) are national (In Germany) and/or international one covered once or more.
- The song Liebe ist from 2005 was also the title song of the German telenovela Verliebt in Berlin.
- Nena told in 2005 that they asked was for a reality show, but that they had refused the offer.
- Nena says never to be undergone plastic surgery. The fact that they still look young, is according to her in ' the genes '.
- On 17 August 2012 Nena 30 years sat in the box. It was on that date 30 years ago that the band Nena Nur geträumt broke through with the song.
- Nena's hair color is brown. Most of her career, she dyed her hair black. She has a green-brown eye color.
- The name Nena means in Spanish ' little girl '. The male form is ' Nene ' what ' little boy ' means.
- Although they mainly popular in the German-speaking countries, it has around the world relatively speaking, still together a large fan base who buy her music.
- Nena is mother of twins. Saskias and Larissa during concerts by Nena settled as background singers on stage.
- 1983: Gib Gas Ich will Spaß (film) – 
- 1985: Richy Guitar (guest star) (film)
- 1987: Der Unsichtbare (film)
- 2009: Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten (vocals, guest appearance, as herself) (tv-series) (television channel: RTL Television)
- 1998: Das Die Legende von Camelot magic Schwert – – "Kayley" (vocals)
- 1999: Tobias Totz und sein Löwe – des Löwen Freundin "Lea"
- Abrafaxe – Unter schwarzer Flagge – 2001: those "Anne Bonny"
- 2002: Peter Pan: Neue Abenteuer in Nimmerland (vocals)
- 2006: Arthur und die Minimoys – "Prinzessin Selenia"
- Vermächtnis der Drachenreiter 2006: Eragon – Das – "Saphira"
- 2009: Arthur und die Minimoys 2 Rückkehr des bösen M – – That "Prinzessin Selenia"
- 2010: Arthur und die Minimoys 3 – Which große Entscheidung – "Prinzessin Selenia"
- 1994: Metro (boulevard magazine) ( ARD television channel:)
- 1998: Countdown Grand Prix (television station: ARD)
As a jury member/coach:
- 1982: Goldener BRAVO-Otto best German singer
- 1983: Goldener BRAVO-Otto Best German group
- 1983: Goldener Pop-Rocky-Schlumpf Best German group
- 1984: Goldene Europa Best pop album
- 1984: Goldener BRAVO-Otto Best German group
- 1984: Goldener Pop-Rocky-Schlumpf Best German group
- 1990: Goldene Stimmgabel Succevolste artist 1989/90
- 1991: RSH-Gold most successful artist of the year 
- 1993: RSH-Gold Comeback of the year
- 1993: RSH-Gold Artist national 
- 1994: Goldene Stimmgabel most successful pop artist
- 2002: Goldene Stimmgabel most successful pop artist
- 2002: 1 Live Krone life's work
- 2003: most successful artist national Echo
- 2003: Comet national artist
- 2003: Goldene Henne (audience award) national artist
- 2003: Goldene Laura most successful artist of the year
- 2003: Goldener BRAVO Otto-Ehren- life's work
- 2004: Amadeus Austrian Music Award most successful artist
- 2004: women's World Awards World Artist Award
- 2004: Fred-Jay-Preis
- Deutscher Preis für Wirtschaftskommunikation 2008: Price for Neue Schule Hamburg
- 2008: Deutscher Kinderpreis
- 2010: Sexiest Female Vegetarian, Peta Online-voting of the Organization
- 2011: Platinum comet Comet