Otis Rush (29 april, 1934, Philadelphia, Mississippi) is a bluesmusician,singer andguitarist-. His style became known as "West Side Chicago-blues". He influenced, among others, Michael Bloomfield, Eric Clapton, Peter Green and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Rush is a left-handed player. Unlike other left-handed guitarists, he plays a right-handed guitar at its left (the guitar neck right) without the strings to change. Many are convinced that thereby his distinctive "sound" originated.
- 1969 Mourning In The Morning (Cotillion)
- 1974 Screamin' And cryin' (Black And Blue)
- 1975 Cold Day In Hell (Delmark)
- 1976 So Many Roads (Delmark)
- 1976 Right Place, Wrong Time (Bullfrog)
- 1978 Troubles Troubles (Sonet)
- 1989 Tops (Blind Pig)
- 1989 Blues Interaction-Live In Japan 1986- (P-Vine)Otis rush at a blues festival, Norway, 1997.
- 1994 Ain't Enough Comin' In (This Way Up)
- 1998 Any Place I'm Going (House Of Blues)
- 2006 Live and From San Francisco (Blues Express)
- 1969 Door To Door (Chess) (with Albert King)
- 2000 The Essential Otis Rush-The Classic Cobra Recordings 1956-1958 (Fuel 2000)
- 2000 Good ' Uns-The Classic Cobra Recordings 1956-1958 (Westside)
- 2003 I Can't Quit You Baby-The Cobra Sessions 1956-1958 (P-Vine)
- 2005 All Your Love I Miss Loving-Live at the Wise Fools Pub, Chicago (Delmark)
- 2006 Live At Montreux 1986 (Eagle Rock Entertainment) (performer along with Eric Clapton and Luther Allison)