Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Creator of the Mix: Rev. Syung Myung Me
Initial Notes About The Mix: It's been a long time since I've done another official mix, mainly because I've been working on this one for a really long time. This one, the theme/gimmick is songs with really long titles. I had the idea because of two of my favorite Pet Shop Boys songs from Nightlife (and two of the three singles from that record) have really, really long titles -- actually, before that, I got the idea from conflating the theme of The Opposite Of Smoke Is Egg Whites with Long Title by The Monkees. Anyway, I had trouble figuring which Pet Shop Boys song to go with, so I decided to use both. There wasn't any mathematical limit to this one -- I just set my iTunes title field divider at a place that looked good and only used titles that were reduced to needing an ellipsis. I also tried my best to not do anything with a parenthetical title, but there's a couple who sneaked by, just basically on whim and/or being an awesome song. So, there you go. The thing is, a lot of long-title songs seem to be shoved in the middle of a record, so it was really hard to find ones for disc starters. I think I did OK, but after frustration of having these folders sitting in my Playlist Windows for so long, I figured I'd just get it done and not worry too awfully much about the order -- but I still think the order's pretty good anyway, so I think it sorta lucked out. So here it is!
Tracklisting: Disc 1
- Reckless Penguins - Dinner Music For A Pack Of Hungry Cannibals
- Pogues - Down In The Ground Where The Dead Men Go
- The Mr. T Experience - I Love You, But You're Standing On My Foot
- eels - I'm Going To Stop Pretending That I Didn't Break Your Heart
- Nine Inch Nails - I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally
- The Television Personalities - I've Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me
- The Mountain Goats - Pigs That Ran Straightaway Into The Water, Triumph Of
- The Bran Flakes - A Susie Moppet Singtime Sing-A-Long Song
- The Cramps - The Creature From The Black Leather Lagoon
- Mr. Partridge - The Day They Pulled The North Pole Down
- The Magnetic Fields - The Sun Goes Down And The World Goes Dancing
- Sufjan Stevens - They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh!
- Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players - Why Did We Decide To Take This Decision To You
- Barcelona - Why Do You Have So Much Fun Without Me?
- John Linnell - Will You Love Me In December As You Do In May
- Pet Shop Boys - You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk
- Blotto - My Baby's The Star Of A Driver's Ed Movie
- Ween - If You Could Save Yourself (You'd Save Us All)
- Buffalo Daughter - Robot Sings (As If He Were Frank Sinatra With A Half Boiled Egg & The Salt Shaker On A Breakfast Table)
- Eric Kassel - How Much About Last Night Do You Remember?
- bis - Everybody Thinks That They're Going To Get Theirs
- Snakefinger - The Picture Makers Vs. Children Of The Sea
- Mr. Zipp - She Left Me For A Destitute Quadropeligic Because Of The Good Sex
- Kenny Rogers And The First Edition - Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In
- Belle & Sebastian - The Loneliness Of A Middle Distance Runner
- The Ramones - You Should Never Have Opened That Door
- The Freshies - I'm In Love With The Girl On The Manchester Virgin Megastore Checkout Desk
- Of Montreal - Wraith Pinned To The Mist And Other Games
- The Cardigans - I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need To Be Nicer
- Shonen Knife - Tortoise Brand Pot Scrubbing Cleaner's Theme
- The Young Fresh Fellows - Don't Look At My Face You Might See What I Mean
- Sparks - Your Call's Very Important To Us. Please Hold.
- The Monkees - Long Title - Do I Have To Do This All Over Again?
- Pet Shop Boys - I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Any More
- They Might Be Giants - I Am 40: Memories Of West St. And Lepke
- The Statler Brothers - The Official Historian On Shirley Jean Berrell
- Warren Zevon - Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead
- Kirsty MacColl - There's A Guy Works Down The Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis
- Yoko Ono - I Felt Like Smashing My Face In A Clear Glass Window
- Buck Owens - You Ain't Gonna Have Ol' Buck To Kick Around No More
- Bonzo Dog Band - I'm Going To Bring A Watermelon To My Girl Tonight
- The Beau Hunks Sextette - Dedicatory Piece To The Crew And Passengers Of The First Experimental Rocket Express To The Moon
- "Weird Al" Yankovic - Attack Of The Radioactive Hamsters From A Planet Near Mars
- The Flaming Lips - Psychiatric Explorations Of The Fetus With Needles
- Crispin Hellion Glover - The Daring Young Man On The Flying Trapeze
- Negativland - OJ And His Personal Trainer Kill Ron And Nicole
- The Powerpuff Girls - Love, Love, Love Makes The World Go 'Round