Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It was recorded live at the National Bowl, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England, on 5 June 1982 during the Hot Space Tour. A DVD was also released with the concert and bonus material, such as band interviews and tour highlights.
In 2005, the album was also released as an LP, like every Queen album.
In the UK the CD made #20 and DVD #1 in the album and DVD chart respectively. In the US, neither the album nor the DVD charted.
- 2 Track listing
- 3 DVD bonus material
- 4 Personnel
- 5 Charts and certifications
- 6 References
- 7 External links
During the show, lead guitarist Brian May had problems with his homemade Red Special guitar. During both the fast version of "We Will Rock You" and "Dragon Attack", two guitar strings broke and he had to switch over to his Birch Red Special backup for most of "Action This Day" and for the entire second half of "Dragon Attack" and the entire duration of "Now I'm Here (Reprise)".
During May's guitar solo, the lead on his guitar became disconnected and the guitar solo stopped for 20 seconds (as seen on the DVD but the 20 seconds was reduced to 3 seconds on the album version of the performance). A roadie had to help him get his guitar working again.
Drummer Roger Taylor and bassist John Deacon performed impromptu solos during "Dragon Attack" and before "Under Pressure," respectively when May switched guitars during "Dragon Attack" and was getting his guitar fixed following his solo. Taylor had stopped doing drum solos (he last performed one in November 1981) so this was the only time he did a drum solo post-1981 with the original lineup of Queen. The next did not occur until the Queen + Paul Rodgers Return of the Champions Tour in 2005.
On "Fat Bottomed Girls", Freddie Mercury's voice briefly slipped into an off-key falsetto during the lyric "in this locality" (which was noticed on the original BBC TV, Channel 4, MTV, and radio broadcasts of the Milton Keynes show) but the error was repaired for release on the CD and DVD.
Also during "Fat Bottomed Girls", in the first verse where he is supposed to say "you made a bad boy out of me", Mercury said "you made an asshole out of me."
Mercury performed without his trademark bottomless microphone stand for "The Hero" (on the Live in Japan bonus footage on DVD), "We Will Rock You (Fast)" and "Now I'm Here". Apparently this allowed Mercury to more freely scale and walk along the raised wings on either side of the stage. Although it is noticeable that he is using a cordless microphone which were becoming available around the time and appears to be relatively larger than a standard microphone.
- "Flash" (May) – 1:54
- "The Hero" (May) – 1:44
- "We Will Rock You" (Fast) (May) – 3:17
- "Action This Day" (Taylor) – 4:52
- "Play the Game" (Mercury) – 4:30
- "Staying Power" (Mercury) – 4:03
- "Somebody to Love" (Mercury) – 7:53
- "Now I'm Here" (May) – 6:18
- "Dragon Attack" (May) – 4:16
- "Now I'm Here" (Reprise) (May) – 2:21
- "Love of My Life" (Mercury) – 4:22
- "Save Me" (May) – 4:00
- "Back Chat" (Deacon) – 5:00
- "Get Down, Make Love" (Mercury) – 3:39
- "Guitar Solo " (May) – 6:22
- "Under Pressure" (Queen/Bowie) – 3:47
- "Fat Bottomed Girls" (May) – 5:25
- "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (Mercury) – 4:15
- "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Mercury) – 5:38
- "Tie Your Mother Down" (May) – 4:09
- "Another One Bites the Dust" (Deacon) – 3:49
- "Sheer Heart Attack" (Taylor) – 3:25
- "We Will Rock You" (May) – 2:08
- "We Are the Champions" (Mercury) – 3:28
- "God Save the Queen" (Trad. arr. May) – 1:24
- MK Bowl backstage interview
- Freddie Mercury interview
- Brian May and Roger Taylor interviews
- Songs from concert at Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria on 12 May 1982
- Another One Bites the Dust
- We Will Rock You
- We Are the Champions
- God Save the Queen
- Songs from concert at Seibu Lions Stadium, Tokorozawa, Japan on 3 November 1982
- Photo gallery (Calling All Girls)
- Freddie Mercury – lead vocals, piano, acoustic guitar on "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
- Brian May – guitars, vocals, piano on "Save Me"
- Roger Taylor – drums, percussion, vocals, lead vocals on verses of "Action This Day", co-lead vocal on "Sheer Heart Attack"
- John Deacon – bass guitar, rhythm guitar on "Staying Power", additional backing vocals on "Somebody to Love" and "Back Chat"
- Morgan Fisher – keyboards, piano
- Justin Shirley-Smith – mix producer
- Kris Fredriksson – pro tools hd
- Mack – recording engineer
- Mick McKenna – second recording engineer
- Kevin Metcalfe – mastering
- Richard Gray – artwork
- Denis O'Regan – photography