- 2 discography
- 3 Prices
- 4 external links
Stevens was born as a daughter of Michael Stevens, who made a name as a publisher of a London prostitution Guide, and Linda Stevens. From her fifth followed Stevens vocals, dance and dramatic expression. She won the Just 17 magazine model contest in 1993 and worked a while as a model. After graduating from the London School of Fashion she worked in Public Relations for the British on her 21st to join pop group S Club 7 .
With the group, she scored 10 top-5 hits in Britain and worked with it to 4 TV series: Miami 7, LA 7, Hollywood 7 and Viva S Club. Also there were specials like ' Boyfriends and Birthdays ', ' Back to the 50 's ", Artistic Differences and S Club 7 Christmas Special. They also worked to a WWF project ' Club wild '. And of course the film Seeing Double (2003) to S Club 7 in april that year was dissolved. From 1999 to 2003 Stevens was friends with actor Jeremy Edwards, who plays in Holby City. Since August 2005 , she has a relationship with Stevens Gavin Dein, founder-CEO of Reward and son of the Arsenal chairman David Dein.
Stevens first appeared on 15 september 2003 solo single Sweet Dreams My LA Ex. In Great Britain it became number 2 (after The Black Eyed Peas with Where is the Love?) and around the world went a quarter of a million copies over the counter. Stevens won the NMA Award In October as Best British Singer. The album Funky Dory -a mix of pop and R & B sold more than 100,000 copies in the first two weeks but the single was not a hit. Appeared In July 2004, a remix of the album Funky Dory with extra tracks. This kept hitting 2 singles made it to the top 5: Some Girls by Richard X and More More More, a cover of the Andrea True Connection. Both versions of the album Funky Dory in Great Britain sold more than 270,000 copies.
In March 2005 the single Negotiate with Love and appeared in april So Good. Both singles were 10th position in the British charts. In October came a third single, I Said Never Again (But Here We Are), and a second album Come and Get It. Both were no big hits; the single got stuck on number 12 and the album at number 28. The album sold over 18,000 copies. Stevens appeared In september in the film Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo.
In 2008, Rachel part in the sixth series of the BBC programme Strictly Come Dancing. With her dance partner Vincent Simone took them the final and scored a record number of 10s. In the final were Rachel and Vincent defeated by actor Tom Chambers and Camilla Dallerup its dance partner. Then names Rachel and Vincent part in the Strictly Come Dancing tour, where she won a lot of the shows.
In August 2009, it was announced that Rachel Stevens next to Ray Slijngaard will act 2 Unlimitedin the formation. This Dutch-Belgian pop group in the 1990s was very known as dance formation around the world. Ray and Rachel are now working together on a cover of Come In Out of the Rain by Slicing and will soon be together for the first time to show up in the I love the ' 90 's-tour in Belgium.
- (British chart data)
- Funky Dory, 29 september 2003, nr. 9
- Funky Dory (repackaged), 26 July 2004, nr. 13
- Come And Get It, October 10, 2005, nr. 28
- Sweet Dreams My LA Ex, 15 september 2003, nr. 2
- Funky Dory, 8 december 2003, nr. 26
- Some Girls, 12 July 2004, nr. 2
- More More More, 4 October 2004, nr. 3
- Negotiate With Love, March 28, 2005, nr. 10
- So Good, 4 July 2005, no. 9
- I Said Never Again (But Here We Are), October 3, 2005, nr. 12
- Favorite Female UK singer -National Music Awards 2003
- Best Dressed Star -Smash Hits Poll Winners Party 2003
- Best Female -Disney Chanel Kids ' Choice Awards 2004
- Best Dressed Star -Smash Hits Poll Winners Party 2004
- Most Fanciable Female -Smash Hits Poll Winners Party 2004
- Sexiest Female Celebrity -Celebrity Awards 2004
- Recording artist of the Year -52nd Annual Showbusiness Awards 2004
- -Glamour Woman of the Year Awards 2005