Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rough Cutt is the self-titled debut album of the 80's hard rock/heavy metal band of the same name. It was produced by Tom Allom, who is most famous for producing Judas Priest. The song "Take Her" was co-written by Ronnie James Dio. The songs "Dreamin' Again" and "Black Widow" were co-written by Wendy Dio, Ronnie's wife and also the band's manager at the time. "Piece of My Heart" was originally performed by Erma Franklin, though Janis Joplin made it famous, and many people mistakenly believe Janis Joplin was the original performer of the song. "Never Gonna Die" was written by vocalist Mark Gable and guitarist Brad Carr whose band The Choirboys scored a minor hit with it in 1983. The single peaked at No. 21 on the Australian charts.
- Side one
- "Take Her" (Chris Hager, Matt Thorr, Paul Shortino, Dave Alford, Craig Goldy, Ronnie James Dio) - 3:39
- "Piece of My Heart" (Bert Berns, Jerry Ragovoy) - 4:44 (Erma Franklin cover)
- "Never Gonna Die" (Brad Carr, Mark Gable) - 4:21 (The Choirboys cover)
- "Dreamin' Again" (Hager, Thorr, Shortino, Wendy Dio) - 5:34
- "Cutt Your Heart Out" (Hager, Thorr, Shortino) - 2:28
- Side two
- "Black Widow" (Amir Derakh, Alford, Thorr, Shortino, W. Dio) - 4:33
- "You Keep Breaking My Heart" (Derakh, Hager, Thorr, Alford, Shortino) - 5:13
- "Kids Will Rock" (Thorr, Shortino) - 4:02
- "Dressed to Kill" (Hager, Alford, Shortino) - 4:16
- "She's Too Hott" (Hager, Alford, Shortino) - 3:27
- Band members
- Paul Shortino - lead vocals
- Amir Derakh - guitars
- Chris Hager - guitars
- Matt Thorr - bass
- Dave Alford - drums, backing vocals