Set the Twilight Reeling is the seventeenth solo album by rock musician Lou Reed. As noted on the lyric sheet, "Finish Line" was Reed's tribute to Velvet Underground guitarist Sterling Morrison, who had died the previous year.
The cover artwork direction and packaging design was done by Stefan Sagmeister. The photograph is by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders and Pete Cornish.The CD case sold with the album was a dark purple/blue hue, making the cover look like a dark blue picture of Reed's face; the bright yellow aspect and the "rays" of the cover image were only made apparent when the liner notes were removed from the case.
All tracks written by Lou Reed
- "Egg Cream"
- "NYC Man"
- "Finish Line"
- "Trade In"
- "Hang On To Your Emotions"
- "Sex With Your Parents (Motherfucker)", Pt. 2
- "The Proposition"
- "Set The Twilight Reeling"
"Sex With Your Parents (Motherfucker)" recorded live on July 14, 1995 at The Roof, New York
- Lou Reed - vocals, guitars
- Fernando Saunders - fretless & fret electric bass, acoustic guitar on "NYC Man", background vocals
- Tony "Thunder" Smith - drums, background vocals
- Oliver Lake, J.D. Parran, Russell Gunn, Jr. - horns on "NYC Man"
- Roy Bittan - piano on "Finish Line"
- Mino Cinelu - percussion on "Finish Line"
- Laurie Anderson - background vocals on "Hang On To Your Emotions"
- Struan Oglanby - programming & production co-ordination