Songs of Faith is the debut studio album by American singer Aretha Franklin, Released in 1956 by JVB/Battle Records. The album was recorded live when Franklin was aged 14 at New Bethel Baptist Church, the church of her father Reverend C. L. Franklin. The album was originally issued on JVB LP 100 and Battle LP 6105. It is always known on Checker Records as Checker LPS-10009. Songs of Faith has been reissued many times under various names. It is known also as The Gospel Soul of Aretha Franklin, Aretha's Gospel, Precious Lord, You Grow Closer, Never Grow Old, and The First Album.
- "There Is a Fountain Filled with Blood" (William Cowper)
- "Precious Lord (Part One)" (Rev. Thomas A. Dorsey)
- "Precious Lord (Part Two)" (Rev. Thomas A. Dorsey)
- "You Grow Closer"
- "Never Grow Old"
- "The Day is Past and Gone"
- "He Will Wash You White as Snow"
- "While the Blood Runs Warm"
- "Yield Not To Temptation"