Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium I is a compilation album by R&B/soul musician Stevie Wonder, released as Tamla 6002 in 1982. It collects elevenTop 40 hit singles, and five album tracks, including four new tracks, taken from Wonder's "classic period" running from 1972 to 1980. It peaked at #4 on theBillboard 200, at #1 on the Top R&B Albums chart in the US, and went to #8 in the UK. It has been certified gold by the RIAA.
Eleven previously released tracks were taken as singles from their respective albums, with "Higher Ground" and "Master Blaster (Jammin')" released before the LP. "Isn't She Lovely" was not released as a single from Songs in the Key of Life, while "Superstition", "You Are the Sunshine of My Life", "You Haven't Done Nothin'", "I Wish", and "Sir Duke" all topped the Billboard Hot 100. "Living for the City" and "Boogie On Reggae Woman" appear in slightly different versions to those on their albums, and "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" is the single mix with the horns added.
The album also included four completely new songs, each tagged on as the last track on each album side: "Front Line", "Ribbon in the Sky", "That Girl", and "Do I Do". The latter track features a solo by bebop innovator Dizzy Gillespie.
- "Superstition" (from Talking Book) — 4:25
- "You Haven't Done Nothin'" (from Fulfillingness' First Finale) — 3:29
- "Living for the City" (different version as the one from Innervisions) — 7:26
- "Front Line" — 5:52
- "Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You)" (from Music of My Mind) — 7:57
- Buzzy Feiten - electric guitar
- "Send One Your Love" (from Journey through the Secret Life of Plants) — 4:02
- Benjamin Bridges, Rick Zunigar - electric guitar
- "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" (single version; original version from Talking Book) — 2:51
- "Ribbon in the Sky" — 5:35
- Benjamin Bridges - acoustic guitar
- "Higher Ground" (from Innervisions) — 3:46
- "Sir Duke" (from Songs in the Key of Life) — 3:52
- "Master Blaster (Jammin')" (from Hotter Than July) — 5:08
- "Boogie On Reggae Woman" (with intro not included on Fulfillingness' First Finale) — 4:55
- Rocky Dzidzornu] - congas
- "That Girl" (from B-side of 1981 single "All I Do") — 5:15
- "I Wish" (from Songs in the Key of Life) — 4:12
- Steve Madaio, Raymond Maldonado - trumpets; Trevor Laurence, Hank Redd - saxophones; Nathan Watts - bass; Raymond Pounds - drums; Renee Hardaway - vocals
- "Isn't She Lovely" (from Songs in the Key of Life) — 6:32
- "Do I Do" — 10:27
- Clifton Anderson, Robert Eldgridge, Eugene Ghee, Larry Gittens, Virgil Jones, Earl McIntyre, J.D. Parran, Victor Paz, Janice Robinson, Robert Rutledge, Anthony Tooley, Frank Wess, Alfred Wilson, Britt Woodman, Lorenzo Wyche - horns; Dizzy Gillespie - trumpet; Isaiah Sanders - fender rhodes; Benjamin Bridges, Rick Zunigar - electric guitars; Nathan Watts - bass; Dennis Davis - drums; Earl DeRouen - percussion; Wendy Barnes, Shirley Brewer, Alexandra Brown, Melody McCully - vocals; Paul Riser - string section arrangements