Still the one is a single of Orleans. It is taken from their album Waking and dreaming. It would remain their biggest hit. This is only due to the United States, because out there in the charts the band rarely appeared. The picture eventually took the fifth place in the Billboard Hot 100.
Johanna wrote the lyrics for this song first. They got the request now have a song about the lasting being together instead of apart. They handed over the coaster with the text to her husband John Hall, who wrote the melody at a quarter of an hour. However, they were not convinced of the fact that it could be a hit. Music Producer Chuck Plotkin, even though responsible for the choice of the previous singles, saw something in.
Striking is the further use of the song:
- the American television station ABC used the song as a tune. The ABC Records, record label affiliated with that drive the band had written off
- It is also used in advertising campaigns by Burger King and Nutrisystem, John Hall was made though comical; you win and lose some weight; other companies who used it in their commercials were Frontier Airlines and ESPN;
- John Hall was later activist against anything that had to do with nuclear energy and had it regularly to stick with the Government; However, names the Republikeinensepresidential candidates George w. Bush (2000) and John McCain (2008) it up in their playlist, after a protest of the singer was fed it off;
- also the Democrat Ted Kennedy used it in his campaign (2008)
- the Australian broadcaster Nine Network used it
|Number (s) with markings
in the Radio 2 Top 2000
|' 99||' 00||' 01||' 02||' 03||' 04||' 05||' 06||' 07||' 08||' 09||' 10||' 11||' 12||' 13|
|Still the one||1981||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|