Tempo is a given term used to determine the speed of a musical piece. Tempo is a crucial element in music since the overall mood and difficulty of music can be changed dramatically in just a slight shift in speed. General tempos usually range from very slow to very fast. Most of these terms derives from Italian. Retaining a constant tempo in music is crucial but in some cases, metronomes can be used to help musicians to remain a constant rhythm.
Types of TempEdit
This is a list of tempo speeds ranging from slow to fast.
- Larghissimo - As slow as possible.
- Grave - Very, very slow.
- Lento - Very slow.
- Largo - Slow.
- Adagio - Slightly slow.
- Andante - Walking speed.
- Andantino - Moderately slow.
- Moderato - Moderate.
- Allegretto - Moderately fast.
- Allegro - Fast and lively.
- Vivace - Very fast and with energy.
- Presto - Very, very fast.
- Prestisssimo - As fast as possible.