The Chase is an electronic instrumental by Giorgio Moroder from the Academy Award-winning soundtrack and album Midnight Express (1978), then extended and released as maxi single and made the Hot 100 singles charts in January 1979, charting as high as #33.
The music was arranged by Giorgio Moroder with Harold Faltermeyer.
- "Chase" was partially covered by Daft Punk in their "Live @ Rex Club Paris" performance in 1997, as well as being used in many of their late-nineties live performances.
- Vitalic made a remix of "Chase" in 2003. Also Umek made a remix in 2008.
- "Chase" is used as a reoccurring music motif in the Hong Kong neo-noir The Longest Nite.
- "Chase" is used as the background music of the introduction video of Mass Transit Railway in 1979.
- It is the opening theme music for Coast to Coast AM, a syndicated late-night radio show.
- It served as the theme music for independent professional wrestler Trent Acid before his death in 2010.
- "Chase" was the sonic signature for the MISL's Kansas City Comets during the late 1980s and 1990s. It was played during live match play when the Comets would move the ball up the field.
- "Chase" is sampled in Dutch DJ, Jesselyn's, track "Flora".
- "Chase" was sampled in episode 15 ("Stealing First Base") of the 21st season of The Simpsons.
- "Chase" was sampled more than once in the 2007 movie Hot Rod.
- The song also appeared in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
- During the 1978–1979 NBA season, the music for that CBS used for the highlights was "Chase".
- Professional wrestling on-air talent and manager Jim Cornette uses "Chase" as his entrance music while on the independent circuit. Occasionally, the song has also been linked with the tag teams he managed, most notably the greatly successful Midnight Express. It is also used by British wrestling tag team Full Pack (Micky Long and Iain Robinson).
- The Missouri Comets, playing off the history with the Kansas City Comets using "Chase" as their entrance theme and during games.