Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The track was also Wilde's first release on the MCA record label. Her last few releases on her original label had failed to make an impact on the world's charts, but this one finally put her back into the limelight in several European countries, and made #29 in the UK. It also marked her second chart entry in the US, where it peaked at #65.
"The Second Time"/"Go for It" was also the first Wilde song of which there were several remixes released both commercially and promotionally on the 12" format. The B-side, "Lovers on a Beach" (an exclusive non-album track), was also extended for the 12" single in some nations.
|UK Singles Chart||29|
|Danish Singles Chart||9|
|Dutch Top 40||24|
|German Singles Chart||9|
|GfK Dutch Charts||23|
|Swiss Singles Chart||7|
|US Hot Dance Music/Club Play||31|
|US Billboard Hot 100||65|
- UK: MCA Records/KIM1
- Germany: WEA/259 281-7
- US: MCA Records/MCA-52513 (special limited edition poster sleeve)
- "The Second Time" (US title: "Go for It") (3.45)
- "Lovers On a Beach" (3.50)
- UK: MCA Records/KIM1T
- Germany: MCA Records/259 281-0
- "The Second Time" (extended version) (6.30)
- "Lovers On a Beach" (extended version) (7.45)
US 12" vinyl
- US: MCA Records MCA-23533 (January 14, 1985)
- "Go for It" (extended dance version) (7.17)
- "Go for It" (Dub version) (9.32)