The song was broadcast on tv on the evening of 20 October 1962 during a musical interlude of an election referendum. It was then a quick success. By the end of the year there were 500,000 singles sold, eventually even 700,000 alone in France.
Françoise Hardy recorded the song in English ("Find me a boy", 1964), Italian ("Those della mia età", 1962 and German ("Peter und Lou", 1963).
The song was also covered by other artists in multiple languages, including Timi Yuro (The love of a boy "), the Eurythmics, Laurent Voulzy and Carla Bruni, Marie Myriam,Gigliola Cinquetti and Saint Etienne.
Vogue HV 2003
- "Tous les garçons et les filles"
- "C'est à l'amour auquel you pense"
|Tous les garçons et les filles|
|Time for Teenagers Top 10||30-11-1963||Position:||9||4||7||9||9||8||from|
|Number (s) with markings
in the Radio 2 Top 2000
|' 99||' 00||' 01||' 02||' 03||' 04||' 05||' 06||' 07||' 08||' 09||' 10||' 11||' 12||' 13|
|Tous les garçons et les filles||-||901||1163||1455||587||706||22 °||24 °||874||695||808||1021||1158||1161||1301|
The song has been covered by many artists in many languages, including:
- Lill-Babs (in Swedish, "Barny Jag Än Går", 1963)
- Sophie Blaede (1962)
- Ginette Reno (1962)
- Catherine Spaak (1962)
- Aimable (on the accordion, 1963)
- Eny Mara (in Portuguese, "A Idade Do Amor", 1964)
- Dulce Salles Cunha Braga (1965)
- Mia Frye (in English, "All the girls and boys", 1984)
- The Paquitas (accompanists of Xuxa) (in Portuguese, "Alguem para amar", 1991)
- Laurent Voulzy and Carla Bruni along with the Dumbs (album à l ' Opéra comique Les Enfoirés, 1995)
- Marie Myriam (1996)
- Gigliola Cinquetti ("Those della mia età", 1999)
- Saint Etienne ("Find me a boy", album The misadventures of Saint Etienne, music for the film Les Folies de Margaret (The Misadventures of Margaret), released in Japan in 1999)
- The Dresden Dolls
- Thanh Lan in French and Vietnamese
- Zona Zul (album Beira, 2006)
- Cœur de pirate
- Elastic no-no Band (2007 live recording, released in 2012 on the compilation album "Not Like Most Folkies famous, Part 2: Early Covers")