Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Weld is a live album and concert video by Neil Young & Crazy Horse released in 1991, comprising performances recorded on the tour to promote theRagged Glory album. It was initially released as a limited edition three-disc set entitled Arc-Weld, with the Arc portion being a single disc consisting in its entirety of a sound collage of guitar noise and feedback. Arc has since been released as a separate title.
Weld consists of rock and roll songs by Young and Crazy Horse, duplicating seven that had appeared on either Rust Never Sleeps or Live Rust from twelve years earlier. It also echoes those albums as Young, in both cases having spent most of a previous decade pursuing different musical avenues, returned to straightforward rock and roll via the acclaimed Ragged Glory album with Crazy Horse, then celebrating that return with an accompanying multi-disc live document and concert film. An interesting cut on this album is Young's "Gulf War" version of Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind", which had air raid sound effects.
Neil Young claims that, while mixing this album, he permanently damaged his hearing.
There was a brief release of the concert featuring video footage on VHS, but there was no DVD release. The VHS tape is now an out-of-print collector's item. The mix on the video is by longtime Young collaborator David Briggs and is considered by some fans to be a harder-edged, superior mix, according to the book "Sharkey."
All tracks written by Neil Young except as noted.
- "Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)" - 5:42
- "Crime in the City" - 6:32
- "Blowin' in the Wind" (Bob Dylan) - 6:49
- "Welfare Mothers" - 7:04
- "Love to Burn" - 10:01
- "Cinnamon Girl" - 4:45
- "Mansion on the Hill" - 6:14
- "F*!#in' Up" - 7:09 
- "Cortez the Killer" - 9:46
- "Powderfinger" - 5:58
- "Love and Only Love" - 9:17
- "Rockin' in the Free World" - 9:22
- "Like a Hurricane" - 14:00
- "Farmer John" (Don Harris, Dewey Terry) - 5:00
- "Tonight's the Night" - 8:45
- "Roll Another Number" - 5:19
- Neil Young – guitar, vocals
- Ralph Molina – drums, vocals
- Frank "Poncho" Sampedro – guitar, Univox Stringman synthesizer, vocals
- Billy Talbot – bass, vocals
|1991||The Billboard 200||154|
|BPI – UK||Silver||November 1, 2002|