Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Website Link(s): Fansite
Larry "Wild Man" Fischer was discovered by Frank Zappa, who saw him on the street singing songs to passersby for a dime; he signed him to his new Bizarre label, although the two had a falling out (due, at least in part, to Larry's paranoid-schizophrenia). For many years, he was unable to record, but he came into the store for Rhino Records and made up a song about the store -- they recorded it as a single, and that was the first release by Rhino the label. The first LP by Rhino was Wildmania, and the label released two more albums, these two produced by friends and fans, Barnes & Barnes. The sessions were difficult, however, and Larry's paranoia was acting up again. Art Barnes is his best friend, and he used to call him every day, although Larry started calling in the middle of the night, and Art Barnes had to change his phone number, sadly, and hasn't spoken to him in a while. Wild Man Fischer fans often wonder about the exploitative nature of his records -- the common reaction is that Frank Zappa's interest was of the "lookit the freak" exploitative nature -- though, on the other hand, he did give Larry a full double LP to do what he wished, along with a full backing band, while Barnes & Barnes' involvement was not, as they were friends of his and genuinely liked him and his music. In 2005, a documentary called Derailroaded was made about Larry.
- An Evening With Wild Man Fischer
- Pronounced Normal
- Nothing Scary
- Wild Man Fischer Meets Smegma Or Wild Man Fischer And Smegma Sing Popular Songs
- The Fischer King
- "Merry-Go-Round" b/w "The Circle"
- "Go To Rhino Records"
- "Don't Be A Singer" b/w "I Got A Camera" / "Do The Salvo"
- Laminas 1
- Rhino Royale
- The First One
- Dr. Demento's Dementia Royale
- Beatlesongs: A Collection Of Beatles Novelties Volume 1
- The Rhino Brothers Present The World's Worst Records (Volume One)
- Dr. Demento Presents The Greatest Novelty Records Of All Time, Vol. VI: Christmas
- Dr. Demento Presents The Greatest Christmas Novelty CD Of All Time
- Worse Than Slime
- Tales From The Rhino: The Rhino Records Story
- Most Folks Call Them Green Onions, But They're Really Scallions
- And A Bumper Sticker That Says "No Other Possibility"
- Dub Club: Born To Kill - Matt