Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
With a Song In My Heart is Stevie Wonder's third album, released in 1963 on the Tamla (Motown) label. The album was the first to drop Wonder's Littlenickname as the 13-year-old singer went the same route of his label mate Marvin Gaye and covered a set of standards. Like Gaye and other Motown acts, label president Berry Gordy wanted all of his artists to be established on a crossover basis. The album did not immediately spell success for Wonder on the adult contemporary set. Veteran jazz arranger Ernie Wilkins arranged and conducted the album.
- "With a Song in My Heart" (Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers) – 3:11
- "When You Wish Upon a Star" (Ned Washington, Leigh Harline) – 2:59
- "Smile" (Charlie Chaplin, Geoffrey Parsons, John Turner) – 3:20
- "Make Someone Happy" (Betty Comden, Adolph Green, Jule Styne) – 5:04
- "Dream" (Johnny Mercer) – 2:50
- "Put on a Happy Face" (Charles Strouse, Lee Adams) – 2:37
- "On the Sunny Side of the Street" (Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHugh) – 3:58
- "Get Happy" (Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) – 2:12
- "Give Your Heart a Chance" (Ron Miller, Orlando Murden, O'Neil) – 2:16
- "Without a Song" (Edward Eliscu, Billy Rose, Vincent Youmans) – 4:14