Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wolf Mail is a Canadian blues rock guitarist and singer. Mail has recorded 6 full length albums, internationally distributed and has toured in over 26 countries. He is influenced by blues, jazz, soul and country.
Born in Montreal, Canada, and raised in the South of France and California, Mail spent much of his early years traveling. He began playing the guitar at the age of 10, heavily influenced by Elmore James and John Lee Hooker. Later, Mail received some guitar lessons from David Goodman, and went on to perform his first gig at 14. He left home at 17 to tour with his own band.
Mail recorded two independent albums in the mid-'90s before signing up with ZYX records. Since then he has released six albums.
Mail then recorded a live CD and DVD Live Blues in Red Square in Moscow, Russia.
His sixth album, Above The Influence, was released in March 2013. Rhythms Music Magazine said it "sees Mail return to where he cut his teeth, our teeth, everyone’s teeth – again, searing electric blues."
Mail has played several world tours during his career, with Russian and European tours in 2009 and 2010, and Asian and Australian tours in 2010 to 2012. Mail has a global presence and has played to sell-out tours around the world.
Awards and recognitionEdit
Player Magazine Japan selected Mail as the "Close-up" artist of the month in June 2005. Other artists have included Robert Cray and Brian Setzer. MusicOz Australia gave Wolf Mail best top 10 international performer of the year award for 2012.
Musical instruments and gearEdit
Wolf uses Mark Gilbert WM1 signature bearing his name and Mark Gilbert BC electro-acoustic guitars and Fender 1957 vintage Telecaster and Greg Bennett Blackbird semi-acoustic guitars. Wolf is endorsed by Carvin amplifier, and was one of the first artists with Joe Walsh to use the Carvin Bel Air vintage series. Wolf has been using the Bel Air since 1993.
- 2002 – Solid Ground
- 2004 – Live!Live!Live! (unofficial release).
- 2005 – Blue Fix
- 2009 – Live Blues in Red Square
- 2010 – Electric Love Soul
- 2011 – The Basement Session
- 2012 – Soho Strays
- 2013 – Above The Influence
- Live Blues in Red Square was released in 2009, and recorded at the Jazz Town Theater, in Moscow, Russia.
- Japan/ Asia – BSMF Records
- Europe – ZYX Records
- North America – Tower Records
- Australia – Across the Bend Entertainment
- ↑ Wolf Mail. Retrieved on February 24, 2013.
- ↑ Wolf Mail Biography. Retrieved on January 22, 2013.
- ↑ Mark Gilberg Guitars. Retrieved on January 22, 2013.
- ↑ Belly up 4 blues (July 17, 2010). Retrieved on January 22, 2013.
- ↑ Perth Blues Club. Retrieved on January 22, 2013.
- ↑ Fell, Samuel J. (November 18, 2013). Wolf Mail – Above The Influence. Rhythms Music Magazine. Retrieved on May 27, 2014.
- ↑ Wolf Mail Tour details. Retrieved on February 24, 2013.
- ↑ Sell out Wolf Mail tours. Retrieved on February 24, 2013.
- ↑ Player Magazine, Japan, magazine spread. Retrieved on January 24, 2013.
- ↑ MusicOz Awards. Retrieved on January 24, 2013.