Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wood Brass & Steel was a disco group that released one 1976 LP before disappearing. That self-titled album, released on the Turbo Records, spawned a pair of minor hits in the form of "Always There" (a Ronnie Laws cover that did well in the U.K.). Bassist Doug Wimbish and guitarist Skip McDonald, would later become members of the Sugarhill studio band, relocated later to the U.K. and formed Tackhead as well asFats Comet with Keith Leblanc and Adrian Sherwood. During the house craze of the late nineties their "Funkanova" was sampled a couple of times, most notably by Ashley Beedle's Black Science Orchestra("New Jersey Deep") and by MAW's Bucketheads project ('Come and be Gone').
==Wood Brass & Steel crew==
- Hubert Powell - Organ, Synthesizer, Clarinet, Piano, Strings, Vocals (bckgr)
- Randy Bost - Trumpet, Flugelhorn
- Barton Campbell - Guitar
- Richard Corsello - Engineer
- Skip McDonald - Guitar, Vocals (bckgr), Producer
- Harold Sargent - Percussion, Drums, Vocals (bckgr), Producer
- Otha Stokes - Flute, Saxophone, Vocals, Producer
- Doug Wimbish - Bass