Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1894 in music:
- The Enthusiast Polka U.S. Marine Band
- Blind Tom Brilliant Quartette
- The Melon Patch Schottische Foh's 23rd Regiment Band of New York
- Selections From Il Trovatore Foh's 23rd Regiment Band of New York
- Boston Belles Polka Cornet Duet
- Daisy Bell Edward M. Favor
- In Vienna, at the Theater an der Wien, the premiere of the operetta Der Ober scaffold by Karl Zeller
- Antonin Dvořák writes the American suite Opus 98b
- The Finnish composer Jean Sibelius composes Spring song, op. 16
- Sergei Rachmaninoff composes Caprice Bohémien, op. 12
- Claude Debussy composes Prélude à l ' Après-midi d'un faune
- Jules Massenet writes the opera Thaïs
- 4 January: first performance of Symphony No. 1 by Christian Sinding.
- 9 January: first performance of Passacaglia for violin and viola by Johan Halvorsen
- 7 March and 9 March: performance of Midtsommer by Bernt Lie with musical introduction of Halvorsen
- 17 may: three implementation of the Konsert-caprice about Norske melo animal of and by Halvorsen
- 21 June: first performance of Korsholm by Armas Järnefelt
- 24 november: first performance of Four Norwegian folk songs for women's choir of Halvorsen; the work has been lost.